Making A Run From Memphis To Mountain View, Ar This Weekend.

BRad704

As of right now, I'm planning a quick jaunt from Memphis to Mountain View, AR Friday afternoon and home Saturday evening. Not sure what I hope to get out this thread, except putting my plan to paper as a double-check on myself.

Right now my goals are:

One last long ride on the VFR

Hammock Camping at Blanchard Springs

Not freezing to death (low of 33f)

Fly Fishing in the morning

Hot coffee and breakfast

maybe some backpacking/hiking around the area before I head home.

It's only 3 hours and I've been over there several times for the Sylamore 50k. I love the area and figured it would be just far enough from home to feel like a real trip. I've been doing some spring maintenance this week including oil and filter, coolant flush and a really good clean up.

Depending on cell signal, I'll try and update this thread with pics along the way. My phone is the only camera I'm taking, so it should be possible. I've also got a USB charging setup and iPhone Ram mount on the "dash" of the bike.

Here's my planned route:

KvzFL4y.png

And my trusty steed:

inoT3f3.jpg

• Member Contributer

Forget the backpacking, head over to Push Mountain, Hwy 341. Spend as much time there as you can. Wonderful road.

Forget the backpacking, head over to Push Mountain, Hwy 341. Spend as much time there as you can. Wonderful road.

So I asked a friend about what roads to ride while I'm there, and he said the same thing! 341 and 9 make a loop around the eastern half of the nat. park. I'm planning to load up and head out after lunch, ride up 341 and then east toward Melbourne and south on 9 back to Mountain View.

I know it is not a "loop" but consider running over to 341 on 14 and run it north and then south then 14 back back to Allison. Most of 14 there and back is good. Then do the same on 9...north to Melbourne and then turnaround and run it back south to Allison. The roads ride different depending on direction and I guarantee it is the best route and you will like it.

I'm highly annoyed right now. Running 2+ hours behind, due to trying to grab lunch before picking up the bike to come home and pack it up... Plus luckily I called Blanchard Springs and they are closed due to high water, from all the rain that moved through in the last 48 hours. I'm really not feeling like rushing to pick a new destination and arriving after dark to set up camp. UGH.

Archived