Tire Rebates 2016 ($40 Pirelli, $50 Metzeler, $40 Dunlop)

MadScientist

Question

• Member Contributer

Didn't find anything in a quick search to see if it was posted, apologies if this has already made the rounds:

$40 rebate on street tires, $20 on motox through 5/31/2016

http://www.pirelli.com/pmsite/promo/rzrvisa16us/resources/pdf/form.pdf

Metzeler $50 through 4/30/2016 (Thanks Dustin)

http://www.metzeler.com/msite/promo/visa16_us

Dunlop $40 through 4/30/2016 (Thanks 007 and gr8vfr)

http://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/16D_40SpringRebate_final_r1.jpg

• Member Contributer

thanx for posting. IMO never hurts to post up as some may not have seen earlier posts.

If anyone hears of another B'stone rebate...please post up.

thanx,

mark

Or Dunlop !

• Member Contributer

thanx for posting. IMO never hurts to post up as some may not have seen earlier posts.If anyone hears of another B'stone rebate...please post up.thanx,mark

Please! I'm sold on the S20 Front/T30 rear combo. Getting to where I just want to stock this combo only and nothing else. Makes it so much easier to replace tires.

• Member Contributer

Yes, saw this when I woke up. DAVE, HERE IS THE ONE YOU ARE WAITING FOR!!!

Here is the Jake Wilson link:

https://www.jakewilson.com/l/2016-March-Dunlop-Rebate-Info?utm_source=Emailblast&utm_medium=Dunlop&utm_campaign=Email-March-2016-Dunlop-Rebate

• Member Contributer

C'mon B'stone...where ya at?

Just bought 2 sets of Metzeler Z8's. Never run them before. ???

I'm waiting for Bridgestone, too. I will run the T30 EVO after I'm finished with my Roadsmart II.

• Member Contributer

I would have tried to talk you out of the Z8s but you don't seem as tire sensitive as I am so it may not matter. They have great steering feel and reasonable grip when new but they get strange as they wear. You may love them and I would bet the 7th gen VFR is fairly tolerant to tire quality.

The T-30 EVO GTs are very good with the front being even better wearing than the original T-30 GT so if they go on sale you should buy em.

You need to come to TMAC this year so you can do a refresher course on how to properly wear out a tire in 4 days.

I would have tried to talk you out of the Z8s but you don't seem as tire sensitive as I am so it may not matter. They have great steering feel and reasonable grip when new but they get strange as they wear. You may love them and I would bet the 7th gen VFR is fairly tolerant to tire quality.

The T-30 EVO GTs are very good with the front being even better wearing than the original T-30 GT so if they go on sale you should buy em.

You need to come to TMAC this year so you can do a refresher course on how to properly wear out a tire in 4 days.

The Metzelers were onloy $150 a set so had to give them a try. I'm just a cheap bastard when it comes to mc tires since I only get about 4-5 rides out of a set. However...I really dislike tires that get squirrely towards the end of their life...hope the Met's don't disappoint.

And yep... a Tmac refresher course would do us much good! Really hoping we can make it up and over again.

• Member Contributer

Yes, saw this when I woke up. DAVE, HERE IS THE ONE YOU ARE WAITING FOR!!!

Here is the Jake Wilson link:

https://www.jakewilson.com/l/2016-March-Dunlop-Rebate-Info?utm_source=Emailblast&utm_medium=Dunlop&utm_campaign=Email-March-2016-Dunlop-Rebate

I am on it !

Mounted up a set of the Metzelers last nite. DAMN!!! It was so difficult to get tires on the rim and seated I almost gave up. WTH? Maybe it was just one of those goofy situations where several factors came together at one time to cause the problem...but doubt it. If the second set is this difficult to mount I will not be purchasing any more regardless of how affordable they may be.

Come on B'stone!

• Member Contributer

Metzler has a brand new and highly rated new Sport Touring tire in the Roadtec 01. Would be worth trying out if you have the chance. Doesn't come in a size I can use or I would be testing a set. I am getting ready to test the Metzler M7 which is getting very good reviews from trusted sources. Supposed to have decent wear, almost as good as the Michelin Power 3s which are the best wearing sport tire, with class leading grip.

Bridgestone has the new S21 too which I will soon test.

• Member Contributer

Metzler has a brand new and highly rated new Sport Touring tire in the Roadtec 01. Would be worth trying out if you have the chance. Doesn't come in a size I can use or I would be testing a set. I am getting ready to test the Metzler M7 which is getting very good reviews from trusted sources. Supposed to have decent wear, almost as good as the Michelin Power 3s which are the best wearing sport tire, with class leading grip.

How have you been testing so many different tires? I almost never change front and rear tires at the same time since I generally wear out 2 rear for every 1 front, or maybe 3 rear for 2 fronts. I have learned not to mix and match brands...

The new Metzeler Z1 is going for $180 for a 190 rear. To expensive compared to the B'stones.

Just noticed that B'stone has a new Spring $70 rebate offer. Unfortunately it is only for auto tires! Looks like we may not get a MC rebate this season. :-(

• Member Contributer

How have you been testing so many different tires? I almost never change front and rear tires at the same time since I generally wear out 2 rear for every 1 front, or maybe 3 rear for 2 fronts. I have learned not to mix and match brands...

3 bikes and 5,000 miles in 5 weeks, 3,000 in 9 days killed a rear EVO on the ST, the front is 50% remaining at least but I installed front and rear Pirelli Angel GTs for testing. Life is too short to wear out tires individually but I will go back to EVOs and I will reinstall that front at some point, maybe. I finished off the T-30 EVO rear on the NC that I installed last year and it lasted 2,800 miles while the front S20 only went 1,800. Replaced the S20 with my last Q3 which now has 1K miles and a new rear Q3. The CB is going in for the recall but when it gets out I figure one weekend will end the EVOs front and rear (~2,200 miles probably) and I will be testing the M7s on it. When the Q3s are gone on the NC (front is nearly into side wear bar at 1K....I'm not proud of last weekend) I will test the new S21s.

One thing I have learned over time is don't ride to wear out tires. Install fresh tires to enjoy riding. I can quote many examples where riding to wear out tires ended badly. I usually destroy all of my tires before changing them but I don't hesitate to change them out if I want to set a new set or I lose confidence in what's installed.

• Member Contributer

I usually change out the fronts before I get to wear bars since they triangulate so much and feel funky but my wear has been fairly even of late. I'm actually relatively proud of my restraint given the absurd capability of the CB, but something about it just begs to run slower. I have even been practicing a slower pace as would benefit less experienced riders behind me to practice for Angeli and perhaps some new TMAC riders.

You are right about the T30 EVOS and I don't think anything beats grip, wear, and handling for the price. 8K service completed on the CB but definitely not burning through tires like you do on the Dragon. I managed to punish the last of my T30 EVO rear and a huge chunk of the front on BACK of the Dragon on Tuesday but not like I have in the past. The Snake may be another story.

May need to buy a spare rear wheel for the CB so I can switch out brands like on the VFR without too much hassle. Once I remove the rubber from the rim, the tire is headed for the dump. No remounting in that sense.

1K miles out of a front Q3? Lay off the brakes - they slow you down!

• Member Contributer

The new Metzeler Z1 is going for $180 for a 190 rear. To expensive compared to the B'stones.

Just noticed that B'stone has a new Spring $70 rebate offer. Unfortunately it is only for auto tires! Looks like we may not get a MC rebate this season. :-(

I contacted Bridgestone and they told me they are running a tire rebate program and May and also later in 2016. Canada and USA.

Archived