Tire Rebates 2016 ($40 Pirelli, $50 Metzeler, $40 Dunlop)

MadScientist

Question

• Member Contributer

Didn't find anything in a quick search to see if it was posted, apologies if this has already made the rounds:

$40 rebate on street tires, $20 on motox through 5/31/2016

http://www.pirelli.com/pmsite/promo/rzrvisa16us/resources/pdf/form.pdf

Metzeler $50 through 4/30/2016 (Thanks Dustin)

http://www.metzeler.com/msite/promo/visa16_us

Dunlop $40 through 4/30/2016 (Thanks 007 and gr8vfr)

http://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/16D_40SpringRebate_final_r1.jpg

Good news...bad news.   Bridgestone rebate is out...$50 per set.  Bad news: T30's are not included.   Damnit!

WTF??? I've been waiting for this to get some T30's too. Guess they are pushing the BT-023's.

• Member Contributer

I was able to take advantage of the Pirelli rebate. Bought a pair of Diablo Corsa's for the Duc. Initial ride yesterday, surface streets and freeway, they have a good feel to them. Hopefully next weekend I can test their side grip capability, but if I just go by my friend says about them on his bike (ZX-6R), I should more than happy with them. We'll see how they hold up.

I have this mental block about Bridgestone for some reason, I can't seem to be able pull the trigger on buying a set. I think it stems from a set I had on an older bike where the tires were less than stellar. Of course this was decades ago and I'm sure many have the same feeling towards Michelin, Pirelli, Metzeler, <insert brand name here>, so who knows maybe I'll try the T30's on my next tire round (no pun intended).

The 023's are not available in 190/55 so that leaves the 016 or S21.   Have found some good prices on 016 but not sure if they will last long enough to justify mounting and the price difference.  Any thoughts?

10 hours ago, gloryracing said:

The 023's are not available in 190/55 so that leaves the 016 or S21.   Have found some good prices on 016 but not sure if they will last long enough to justify mounting and the price difference.  Any thoughts?

Or run the 190/50 BT-023? Can you tell that big of a difference between the 50 and 55?

• Member Contributer
On 5/1/2016 at 9:05 AM, gloryracing said:

Good news...bad news.   Bridgestone rebate is out...$50 per set.  Bad news: T30's are not included.   Damnit!

:(

I guess I'll wait for next year.

• Member Contributer

Bridgestone told me the T30 rebate will be on in the fall. I ordered a set of BT-023 now anyway :)

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, Dustin said:

Bridgestone told me the T30 rebate will be on in the fall. I ordered a set of BT-023 now anyway :)

Sure hope you are right.  I don't like the Metzelers and the Bstone 016's are not gonna wear well on my heavy vfr.  Sure miss the T-30's!

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, gloryracing said:

Sure hope you are right.  I don't like the Metzelers and the Bstone 016's are not gonna wear well on my heavy vfr.  Sure miss the T-30's!

Which Metzelers and what was the problem with them?

Roadtec interact z8. First, It was ridiculously difficult to mount. Not sure why but I almost gave up and took it to the shop.   Regarding the ride the tire would 'slip' on corner exits more than any tire I have ever ridden.  Additionally it evaporated really bad and there was rubber all over the wheel and most of the rear of the bike.   Never had one 'litter' that bad before.  I am guessing it could not handle the big bike 2up weight and got cooked.  I bought two sets during the rebate period and still have a new rear.  Hoping someone else wants it and I can put the money towards a t30.

Because Canadian Wallets Matter (too) - here is the Dunlop Canuck-a-Buck rebate site link:

Canadian-Rebate-1.jpg

Yes! Q3s are on the list!

From Pete'sSuperbike the Q3s would be $248-CAD for a set less the $40-CAD rebate = $208-CAD +tax +shipping.  Still a deal for a great tire.

- Need yet another set of tires after TMAC (I blame Kimble for showing me Hellbender on 28) 

- PRB's Don't Fall Ride will likely be hard on a set (again) if we're lucky!

• Member Contributer
On 5/31/2016 at 10:51 PM, gloryracing said:

Roadtec interact z8. First, It was ridiculously difficult to mount. Not sure why but I almost gave up and took it to the shop.   Regarding the ride the tire would 'slip' on corner exits more than any tire I have ever ridden.  Additionally it evaporated really bad and there was rubber all over the wheel and most of the rear of the bike.   Never had one 'litter' that bad before.  I am guessing it could not handle the big bike 2up weight and got cooked.  I bought two sets during the rebate period and still have a new rear.  Hoping someone else wants it and I can put the money towards a t30.

That was Kimball's initial assessment so I avoided them.  The M7RRs are another story.  Initial impressions are favorable but curious to see end of life handling and wear.  There is a new Metzeler rebate for June-July and may have to buy two more sets. 

• Member Contributer
On 4/1/2016 at 9:21 AM, kebrider said:

Metzler has a brand new and highly rated new Sport Touring tire in the Roadtec 01. Would be worth trying out if you have the chance. Doesn't come in a size I can use or I would be testing a set. I am getting ready to test the Metzler M7 which is getting very good reviews from trusted sources. Supposed to have decent wear, almost as good as the Michelin Power 3s which are the best wearing sport tire, with class leading grip.

Bridgestone has the new S21 too which I will soon test.

Keb, Sorry if i missed it, but did you have a test report on the S21's

• Member Contributer

If an S21 fits on the bike it is the only tire I use. Q3-like grip and slightly better wear with a little better steering and braking feel. I tried them back-to-back with the Meztler M7RR and the Metz was good but no where near as good as the S21s when you factor in the end-of-life performance edge the S21 has. Great price seals the deal. You will love them.

Archived