Aussie Vfr Riders.

scubastevemccall

• Member Contributer

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to see how many Guys/Gals we have from Australia on this page and see if we can get a few of us together for a ride or two?

Post if you are from the Land Down under and keen to enjoy a few group rides.

thanks Scuba Steve..

post-30418-0-19787000-1457584397.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys - I am looking at VFR800 2002 models or thereabouts to buy - join the VFR club (again - long story)

Out of interest - has anyone had issues with wind noise / buffeting ?

If so, what did you need to do to fix it?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

The weather is a bit unpridictable at the moment, but it would be good to try and organize a long ride soon.

If there is interest, I'll try and put something together.

Shaynus, you show no commitment to your VFR brotherhood.

• Member Contributer

VFROZ

Count me in for a ride. Bike is off the road at moment, just stripped and rebuilt the front calipers this weekend and the secondary master cylinder seals are split. Just ordered the parts from Western Motorcycle and fingers crossed they will have on the shelf.  Hopefully bike will be back on the road for the weekend.

cheers

• Member Contributer

Doing the Wolombi loop (too cold to head anywhere else) with friends tomorrow, a bit late notice but it was a last minute thing.

Meeting at start of the Old Road (old weigh station) at 8:00 AM, will have breakfast at Mount White cafe to warm up, and then head to Wolombi pub for lunch.

Across to the Putty and afternoon break at Greygums, then home.

IMG_1791.PNG

Bugger need a ride to make sure all the work I have just completed on my ride has no problems, but alas just this morning I agreed to go to a bbq with the misses Sunday. I also don't look at this forum as much as I used to so join the ozvfr fb group if you havent already & post rides there, I'm more likely to see them.

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, Marooncobra said:

VFROZ

Would have joined you but seals still not arrived from Western Motorcylces for my front brakes.   Next time

I have a spare secondary master cylinder piston with near new seals that you can have.

If I'd seen your post earlier, I would have let you know.

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, zRoYz said:

Bugger need a ride to make sure all the work I have just completed on my ride has no problems, but alas just this morning I agreed to go to a bbq with the misses Sunday. I also don't look at this forum as much as I used to so join the ozvfr fb group if you havent already & post rides there, I'm more likely to see them.

What have you been doing Roy?

I thought your bike was pretty well set up.

Just maintenance which was overdue but was kicked off when my stator failed, you expect a stator failure at some point & mine lasted 95000kms 12 years so no complaints.

So replaced stator & also R/R, there was nothing wrong with current R/R but didn't have molex plug as wires were straight soldered & had new spare stator & R/R ready for when required, will purchase another set when our $$ better as there are a consumable part on any bike it's always just a matter of time & I'm never going to sell the VFR.

That kicked off me doing valves which I haven't looked at in 60000kms, only exhaust were out & I removed the APE manual cam chain tenioners because there a pathetic design & leak oil, went back to standard. While I was there had injectors cleaned & flow tested not because there were playing up but just for peace of mind with age & 100000kms on the clock & starter valve balance.

While apart cleaned every electrical connection & applied dielectric grease, which I try to do yearly but hadn't done in about 3 years, also changed my geometry a little to test out as want a little more front loading. Then there is new chain & sprockets, old chain still fine but is developing a tight spot so thought why not replace them because the last thing I ever want is to be away & have issues. In the time I have owned my 04 not once have I been riding & it let me down except for the odd puncher so would like to keep it that way.

I would like to do more day rides weekends as most I normally ride with don't do them just the trips away which are to few & far between, but there is the week away PI in november we do & there is also a 2 week trip to TAS in 2017 late feb to early march.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/10/2016 at 3:33 PM, scubastevemccall said:

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to see how many Guys/Gals we have from Australia on this page and see if we can get a few of us together for a ride or two?

Post if you are from the Land Down under and keen to enjoy a few group rides.

thanks Scuba Steve..

post-30418-0-19787000-1457584397.jpg

8th gen in melb

Archived