Twisty Butt Association Ride.

gloryracing

I have received several requests to do another TBA 'Arkansas All Day' ride. What the hell is a TBA ride?

Completion of more than 500 miles over a predetermined route comprised of the best northwest AR twisties inless than 12 hours! It was started years ago simply as a way to get like minded riders together to enjoy a day full of negotiating the good stuff. Quite simply it was a play on the IBA standard of 1000 miles in less than 24 hours...just in nothing but twisties instead of cruising down the slab.

The route is 545 miles and has all of the best NW AR roads configured in a manner that limits 'commuting' miles. You will be in rural twisties for the majority of the ride(over 500 miles)! This is the advantage of Arkansas riding.

The date is Saturday September 19th based out of the HUB motorcycle resort in Marble Falls, AR. Iffin you think this is the kind of riding you could enjoy, come on down and play with us!

• Member Contributer

Ohhhh... me likey!

The weekend before the Hog Tie?!? Sheesh... don't know if I can pull off both.

How about we make it an event during Hog Tie... participation in the Razorback 500 (instead of that Honey Badger 200 thing...)

If there is a group that wants to attempt it at Hog Tie...that is certainly doable. I will be glad to provide all the paperwork, verify certification and facilitate it for y'all. If I have enough tire, I may run it again as well. It's a hoot!

• Member Contributer

If there is a group that wants to attempt it at Hog Tie...that is certainly doable. I will be glad to provide all the paperwork, verify certification and facilitate it for y'all. If I have enough tire, I may run it again as well. It's a hoot!

Back to Back Razorback 500's... if anybody can do it is you my friend!

:beer::cool::wheel:

• Member Contributer

Does SuperEllen ride it with you? Does she get a Twisty Butt Cert too?

Yes she does and yes she does. If there is enough interest in a TBA event during the Hog tie and I have enough tire to run it, not sure if she would do it again. I would guess that she would...she kinda likes riding!

• Member Contributer

Hmmm. Would anyone from the ATL area be interested in staying the night before in marble falls and then doing the ride and on home for a double? TBA & IBA SS1000

• Member Contributer

Ya know, it's been several years but there was a guy that put together a 500 mile ride a few times based out of Clinton but for whatever reason I never could fit it in with work. Sure wanted to though! That would have been 400+ miles up, 500 miles of twisties and the 400+ miles back home for me which at the time wasn't much more than my usual AR trip.

How long have you been doing these Mark? Wondering if it was you?

Hmmm. Would anyone from the ATL area be interested in staying the night before in marble falls and then doing the ride and on home for a double? TBA & IBA SS1000

Our first event in April 09, there was a gentleman from Florida that did just that. Rode in, did the TBA and road home. He came back to do several others and is now facilitating TBA rides in Japan. He is a monster!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

About six weekends out. Anyone interested in some all day twisty fun?

If it's during Hog Tie My current plan is I'm in.... went for my first ride since TMAC yesterday; thumb was a little sore but functional

• 1 month later...

Archived