Prb's 2Nd Annual Vfrd Fall Rally, Boone Nc, Oct 9-13 2015

PirateRiderBen

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a ride Tshirt?

• Of course, ride t-shirts are the only way I get new clothes.
    • Nah, I ride naked. It adds color to my cheeks.

Uhhhh, is anyone else's reservation a persons first name at Greene's or is it just me?

Now hey, I would much rather go to a Mom and Pop establishment anytime but this seems to be a little more casual than I'm used to or comfortable with.

Anyone else.....Bueller, Bueller?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Ok. Should make it now. I might even ride the bike there this time! (Unless the monsoon comes again)

Ok. Should make it now. I might even ride the bike there this time! (Unless the monsoon comes again)

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader: Didn't get that trailer yet? Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, had to do it.

My favourite kind (of road)! Google estimates over four hours to do less than 90 miles - there must not be a straight section in the whole thing!

"it looks like a bunch of Z's and W's all strung together" credit to CB McCall's "Black Bear Road"

I'll check it out and let you know! Pay little attention to googles time estimates In the area, they mean zip! Some roads it is accurate if you drive like grandma and take a lunch break 1/2 way on a 10 mile strech, others you would have to be really flying to even be close. It's quite fun working in tourism in the area. It's weekly I'm asked "can't we just jump on the interstate to get there" or "are there any flat strait roads, we are getting car sick from these roads".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Not familiar with the area but after a little exploring on Google Earth......please tell me, could this be a route?

These roads look so good I will be joining Maxwell in having to get some incontinence wear waiting for October!

It takes a while cause most of that route is gravel or dirt. I've ridden some of those on my XT, but wouldn't recommend them on the VFR. Especially Globe rd into Blowing Rock, shake your fillings right outta your teeth.

Thanks RazorWing and zeer0, appreciate the feedback.

Yes, gravel roads on a VFR is not the fun I like to have.

Even zooming Google Earth out some the roads don't get any straighter (which is good, very, very good). I can certainly see why people would complain with, "are there any flat strait roads, we are getting car sick from these roads"!

I have two solid 250ish mile routes I guess I'll be leading already set up, one we did last year, the other is new and will take us up into Virginia. I can make up a 3rd route pretty easily since this is my backyard. RazorWing, Zeer0, Ironman, 007 and Kebrider (if they all show) are local as well, so perhaps they can volunteer to lead some groups. Last year we had 7 riders so we all just went together, then it rained. But I'm not allowing any of that foul weather this year.

-PRB

So I have:

MissBusa (plus Joe)

Warwomen

Sweeper

TnRabbit ??

VFRpwr

AaronB

Razorwing

Zeer0 + his better half

98curt + his better faster half (Rob, haha! :goofy: )

Razorwing

Hondavfr1200dct

vfrAustin

Baileyrock + 1

Trace

Motographer

PRB's old man on the WeeStrom

teksdailyride

carlitos92

pluseb0

Kebrider and Donna ??

Bedman

Kirk and his Ducati ?

Sam and his Fj1200?

Jared and his Cbr500r?

Whitelightning

Earthshake

Raptor2a

I have two solid 250ish mile routes I guess I'll be leading already set up, one we did last year, the other is new and will take us up into Virginia. I can make up a 3rd route pretty easily since this is my backyard. RazorWing, Zeer0, Ironman, 007 and Kebrider (if they all show) are local as well, so perhaps they can volunteer to lead some groups. Last year we had 7 riders so we all just went together, then it rained. But I'm not allowing any of that foul weather this year.

-PRB

Yeah man, just let me know. I didn't know I wasn't the only local! Holy shit :)

What's the routes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I'll lead a slower group. My wife is just getting back into street riding, so she's not as quick as she would like to be. I'll probably try to keep the mileage under 200.

Quite the turn out this year. If half of them show, it'll be twice as big as last year. :wink:

So, I ordered a new rear Road2ct today. I was so temped to run the old one one more trip but it slid on me the other day when I was downshifting. I think maybe it has seen its day. Really looking forward to this trip.

I'll lead a slower group. My wife is just getting back into street riding, so she's not as quick as she would like to be. I'll probably try to keep the mileage under 200.

Sweet thanks, I'm sure dad will feel comfortable with you all at a relaxed pace.

RazorWing, there's a few of us who are semi local, I think you are the only true Boone/Blowing rock resident. Thanks for volunteering too!

If you guys have some routes feel free to start working on them so we will have stuff to go off of the first day

Add Norman to your list. He's "Bedman" on VFRD, but that's only so he can register for BR's shindig in May. :goofy: He's not a VFR owner. Neither am I anymore!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Some work details need to be sorted this week but it looks like The Girl and I can make it so I will try and get a room booked. Be fun to ride the ST with BR again but the CB or NC are just so much fun in that area. Maybe I will put a hitch on the ST and tow the CB over.

KEB

Holy schizznit kids, just over a month till the Fall Ride! I don't know if you are all as excited as I am? Looking forward to a few great days of riding and another round of ice cold beers and tall tales in the parking lot.

Tshirt orders will be submitted this week.

PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR TSHIRT SIZE OR SIZES BY SEPTEMBER 9TH!! Make sure you specify your first and last name and your screen name if you have one.

ben.ealy@yahoo.com

-PRB

Archived