A New Door Opens, A Vf500Fii

keny

So I did sell my 5ht gen, the farewel topic here: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80498-a-farewel/

I had plans the just rebuild the XT600 Tenere I did buy last year, and may add a 1986-89 VFR750F to the garage some later.

That what I tought, then as I browsed some sale sites for VFR750s as I was bored at work, I did find this on a Dutch site:

gallery_880_2173_243374.jpg

A 1985 VF500F2 registred in early 1986, only ~39k kms (~24k miles) on the odo and did look very clear in the pics. Prize 850€ (~900$), Its a bike I almost did buy back in 1997, but as a friend worknig at a bikeshop told me VF was bad, VFR was good, I did not buy it (eventualy did buy a Kawasaki GPZ500S (EX500) instead).

Did sleep over night, next evening I did send a PM to Dutchy.

He did call the seller, set a appointment to go and see the bike as it was close.

So as Dutchy had seen the bike, ridden it etc, he did call me and tell me yesterday, there was only one thing wrong whit the bike, he would like to buy it for himself! Buy fortunally he has no space for 2 bikes, and so he did buy it for me and drove it home to keep in his garden untill I will pick it up! Hopfully your wife is understanding :biggrin:

I now have a airplane ticket for May 1st to Amsterdam, then May 2nd I will hit the road and ride that nice bike home to Finland!

Thanks Dutchy so far!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

This Dutchy dude seems like a real nice guy!

How far of a ride is that going to be?

This Dutchy dude seems like a real nice guy!

How far of a ride is that going to be?

Yes, Dutchy is a nice fellow!

It will be a ~1700km (1050 miles) ride trip home + a 12 hour ferry trip in betwen (after 1550km). I have goal to be home evening of Sunday May 3rd if all go as planed.

• Member Contributer

That engine is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, it runs smoother than my 4th gen......

Kept her under 7k rpm; I will let Keny thrash her while playing that Prodigy's famous song on his earplugs...... :cool:

1st registered in March 1986 (that is when I started working with -still- my employer).

This bike has been pampered in the last 29 years...

post-8974-0-73209400-1429773413.jpg

post-8974-0-73209400-1429773413.jpg

(a few scratches on top from what I reckon a tankbag)

post-8974-0-84230500-1429773415.jpgpost-8974-0-57955400-1429773416.jpg

post-8974-0-26384000-1429773704.jpg

post-8974-0-84230500-1429773415.jpg

post-8974-0-57955400-1429773416.jpg

post-8974-0-26384000-1429773704.jpg

yeah Muff, still rooting for you! :beer:

post-8974-0-07195900-1429773258.jpg

post-8974-0-07195900-1429773258.jpg

PS: 850 euro is 850 us$ Damm the exchange rate!!!

• Member Contributer

That looks like one beautiful bike; yr a lucky man keny.

Nice one Dutchy. :beer:

• Member Contributer
On 4/23/2015 at 9:51 AM, Skids said:

That looks like one beautiful bike; yr a lucky man keny.

Nice one Dutchy. :beer:

It is not often that I get to ride a 29 year old

motorcycle.

So here a little stocking filler for her

post-8974-0-15409100-1429786559.jpg

post-8974-0-15409100-1429786559.jpg

Yes, marigolds for the dirty deeds..

:-)

done dirt cheap......

• Member Contributer

Oh Kenny................

I spoke with a few German VFR owners who had this bike way back.

According to them it is a very hot, fun bike. But they also said "she gulps more than the Russian Army National Drinking Team....." :goofy:

Oh Kenny................

I spoke with a few German VFR owners who had this bike way back.

According to them it is a very hot, fun bike. But they also said "she gulps more than the Russian Army National Drinking Team....." :goofy:

Ha, I do have a old mag from 84 whit a test ride of a VF500, and yes, its a bit thirsty if you keep the throttle pinned, did leave the test rider whit a empty tank in less than 200 km, as he forgot the fuel tap in reserve. That on twisty bit and high engine revs. Ride steady whit normal road speeds and it will use about 5,5l/100km (or 52 miles a gallon) so I have forcast 200-250km legs between fill ups on way home to be on safe side. I will not ride to hard speed on the motorways I think...

• Member Contributer

I always like a women who drinks .

Good catch !!!

Found the perfect match for you!!!!

:goofy:

Ok, back on topic......................

• Member Contributer

Others are and have been kind to me too. That is VFRD for ya!!!

It looks to be in excellent condition.

I love the factory lowers and the ComStar wheels.

That's the way the bike should have been sold everywhere.

Yes, I can´t wait to see it for real myself. Looks to good to be, but I do trust Dutchy.

Funny thing is I wanted a RWB 1986 VFR750/700F, but this I could not just pass. Good thing is that it will make a classic where I live next year, so insurance will be very low after that (~30€/year), but whit a usage restriction (30 days a year). But I don´t ride that much, so its enough. And the days I ride I dont have to report somewhere, even my neighbors might.......

I do have to say I also like the one whit a top faring and just a bug spoiler under engine, shows the engine better actually, but this color combination is the best by far I think.

Will be a loooooong week...............

And yes, Dutchy is a top chap :beer:

• Member Contributer

I always like a women who drinks .

Good catch !!!

Found the perfect match for you!!!!

:goofy:

Ok, back on topic......................

OMG! Drink the pickle juice? I don't think do darling... But you go right ahead! Don't let me stop you.

So, let me get this straight. Dutchy buys a dream bike on the cheap side, it clearly fits in the yard as in the picture -room for another 2 at least!-, needs nothing cause it has been babied for almost 30 years. Soooooooooooooo, what was that about some guy wanting to buy it from you?? Who said it's for sale?!??!!? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::tongue:

Or his and hers??? :woohoo:

C

BTW, yes, that Dutchy has proven again that he is a good chap. You have many good karma points now Dutchy... unless you're making up for the karma points deficit gathered during first part of your life... :tongue:

Here's to you Dutchy! :beer: And here's one for you Keny for the upcoming ride. :beer: Ride safe! :wheel:

I don't care what she drinks, as long as she keeps talking. The Russian accent is hands down the sexiest one there is! She could read the ingredients of a cereal box and sound like a Bond villianess.

• Member Contributer

Great score Keny! Love it. Way better than any old GPZ550. :wink:

Hats off to you too Dutchy...that was huge.

• Member Contributer

I don't care what she drinks, as long as she keeps talking. The Russian accent is hands down the sexiest one there is! She could read the ingredients of a cereal box and sound like a Bond villianess.

Different strokes I guess... all I can think of when I hear that accent is "Boris, how are we going to steal car from moose and squirrel?"

• Member Contributer

The seller took these

Dutchy sez OK!!!

april-15-54-15.jpg

post-8974-0-64742700-1429820825.jpg

This story will continue 1st May,

Kenny riding biatch on redslut after landing at Schiphol, Amsterdam!

Ok Kenny, smooooth trip home.....

Like Superman!!

april 15 54 (17)-1.JPG

post-8974-0-17770200-1429820895.jpg

• Member Contributer

If anyone in the UK is looking for one of these, my old one is for sale by the mate I sold it to, circa £1000.

Not quite as good as that one, but has upgraded oil supply system & CBR600 17" wheels along with the original Comstars.

I think he might have had it fall over since i sold it to him but not sure of the damage or current condition as I've not seen it for 10 years.

I'll get some pictures if anyones interested.

Archived