A Farewel

keny

In January 2009 I did buy this 2000 VFR800Fi

gallery_880_2173_61366.jpg

That after selling a 1987 VFR750F RC24 that I had for almost 10 years.

I had some nice times whit this bike, rain or shine

gallery_880_2173_15255.jpg

gallery_880_2173_30951.jpg

For season 2011 it got a fork upgrade as gold colored wheels, as a trip to Italy, Mugello MotoGP along whit VFRD menbers V4Rosso and Doughlasthecook. Had a great time.

gallery_880_2173_126627.jpg

Trip did go past the Dolometes

gallery_880_2173_79112.jpg

gallery_880_2173_22295.jpg

I did miss a lap on the old "green hell" whit it...only got to the parking lot

gallery_880_2173_3551.jpg

season 2012 it did stay in the garage, Had plans to just ride my 2 stroke Suzuki but got hit buy a deer...could have been worse, just a cracked panel and a left knee that got a good punch (enough to walk on crutches for a month!).

2013 I was back, but whit the deer hit back in my mind I didnt ride mutch, and tried to sell the VFR, but didnt get it sold. I buoght a duralsport tempted by a firend to see if I could get the joy of rideing back whit a slightly different rideing, but I did buy a project, that is a bike in boxes at the moment.

2014 did give me some ride joy back, and did ride some more, but mostly to work. Some memories from that season.

gallery_880_2173_75212.jpg

gallery_880_2173_56404.jpg

This is how it looked this morning.

post-880-0-02652200-1426448351.jpg

A 20 minutes later

post-880-0-05457100-1426448383.jpg

And 2 hours later as bike is of the trailer

post-880-0-57071000-1426448421.jpg

Yes, its sold, and part of the deal was I would tow it to the buyer. Seem like a nice man, and hopfully will keep on give it love, not just trashing. At least that he did promise.

Last sign....

post-880-0-15716800-1426448578.jpg

Well, many of you will probably say I will regret selling it. I probably will. I regret selling my 1987 VFR750F also. But in the current state, it was a thing I had to do. I did not have funds to make the duralsport (A Yamaha XT600Z Tenere by the way) in riding order whit out this, and even if the 5th gen is a great bike, may be a to good bike, it actually felt a bit soul less compare to the older VFR... I guess I´m getting old, I find myself more and more like older stuff, from late 80´s to mid 90´s most. May be I just have a really early 50´s crises? who now. But from now the only VFR I own is a 1/24 scale RC30, that is still in a box unbuilt.

I will be around, and I still dream of a nother RC24

So farewell my 5th gen!

• Member Contributer

One door closes

others will open....

Kippisch!!!!!

No , you will not regret selling it once you're finished "restoring" the Tenere. And who knows in the near future there will be an opportunity to add an RC24 to the stable again. Saw a near pristine one for sale recently, owner is asking close to €2k. When the time is right...

• Member Contributer

Sniff.... I love the blue 5th gens.

Well, maybe the new owner will join VFRD!

You sold your 5th gen? You're dead to me now!

All joking aside, you have the memories and those will last longer than any bike. And if you do end up regretting it, then the fun part starts again. You get to hunt for another one!

• Member Contributer

That blue sure is purty. Wish we would have had the blue in the US.

If you end up regretting it, its not like you can't ever get another!

Sorry to see her go Keny.

But I have to say I probably spend more time reading advrider.com than VFRD these days :fing02: Lots of fun to be had out there...

• 1 month later...

I have always loved that color on the VFR and along with the fantastic scenery in those pics it's a great parting pictorial of a great partnership. Well done Keny.

No reason for you to go anywhere even if you go the AV route, keep us informed of your future adventure please! :beer:

BR

I have always loved that color on the VFR and along with the fantastic scenery in those pics it's a great parting pictorial of a great partnership. Well done Keny.

No reason for you to go anywhere even if you go the AV route, keep us informed of your future adventure please! :beer:

BR

Here the update :smile2:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80836-a-new-door-opens/

Archived