This Is Called An Addiction

wrestler

• Member Contributer

After three months of piddling around with the charger, two days ago I broke down admitted my battery was dead

and drove over to Mountain Motor Sports in Conyers, Ga. The sweet little youngster at the service desk looked up

the bettery size and sent me to get lunch while she charged up my gel battery. $178 later I set our for home. I couldn't get back to the garage soon enough. I installed it and jumped on. It was 75 degrees. No sense waiting for cold weather to return. Yes guys I know I could have gotten it for less but I would have had to surrender two 75 degree days waiting for the UPS man. The ride was short but sweet. That's called an addiction.

I have an extra one, new in box, awaiting such a day.

And I find MMS to be arrogant and unprofessional.

Anyway, its great that you got a ride in. I did as well. Darn near perfect

Riding weather in the ATL area.

Planning to ride up to TWO sunday for lunch, leaving out of Woodstock about 10-11am. Hit me if interested in joining.

Ron

curtis6870 at gmail

After three months of piddling around with the charger, two days ago I broke down admitted my battery was dead

and drove over to Mountain Motor Sports in Conyers, Ga. The sweet little youngster at the service desk looked up

the bettery size and sent me to get lunch while she charged up my gel battery. $178 later I set our for home. I couldn't get back to the garage soon enough. I installed it and jumped on. It was 75 degrees. No sense waiting for cold weather to return. Yes guys I know I could have gotten it for less but I would have had to surrender two 75 degree days waiting for the UPS man. The ride was short but sweet. That's called an addiction.

We're here for you!

• Member Contributer

And worth every penny!

• Member Contributer

Gel battery? Really? But in any case, an hour isn't enough to properly charge a battery that needs a proper charge... I'm not sure what kind of battery you actually bought, but if it is the kind of battery that has to be filled with acid, then it is supposed to be charged 24 hours on a low-amp charger. If it was a sealed battery, then it probably didn't need a charge at all--they ship fully charged from the factory.

Ciao,

No addiction, it's a recognized disorder.

MBD, Multiple Bike Disorder.

If you only have 1 bike you are in the early stages.

Science has not found a "cure".

To the contrary, they are the enablers, new bikes every year or so.

The so called "sufferers", that's you and me, do not want treatment.

There is no problem, we are fine, we like life this way. :goofy::tour:

• Member Contributer

I have an extra one, new in box, awaiting such a day.

Same here. I bought an AC Delco on closeout for $45 a couple of years ago. Battery is dry and the acid is still sealed in the bottle.

• Member Contributer

People don't understand the stress involved in deciding which bike to take on a trip.

The problem is when you have to decide which "VFR" to take on a trip, but then any solution is the right solution!

• Member Contributer

Wrestler, the battery since 2012 you meant?

Good to know that you are on saddle again.

Howdy, Trung. I was thinking of writing to you yesterday. So glad you

commented. Yes, back in the saddle. I love seeing your boy now big

enough to ride with you. Yes, I didn't realize it was so long since the

2012 battery. I will trickle charge this one more often. I have new tires

also so I am riding like a prince now. Glad you are doing well. Stay that way.

Peace

• Member Contributer

Just make sure you are ready for TMAC, Ed. New tires and battery sound like a good start.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived