Tail O' The Dragon April 25 Weekend

TARocks

Watch.out for a silver sixth gen being lead by an old dude on various small displacement Hondas. I hear they're friendly but treacherous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Was a beautiful day and the Dragon was in perfect shape. The NC with the custom suspension and Dunlop Q3s is great fun. The new Triumph Bonneville Nissan brake pads and new adjustable levers make the NC an even better sleeper sportbike. I can carry even more speed with the improved braking and lever control.

You should pick up a leftover or used NC Dave and mod it to death like I did. The VFR will always be faster but it will never be as good on the dirt roads and goat trails that surrounds our riding area. Steve gets it, he got to run some gnarly stuff while I rode (read slowed him down) his VFR. As soon as we hit the sweepers on 28 I had to get back on the NC for the higher speed stuff to Deals Gap. Sure the VFR is probably faster on that road but I have never owned a bike that imparts such a feeling of flying as the NC does and it is an awesome experience on 28. It is probably due to the super low COG and zero effort steering combined with the low rev/power motor and supreme stability when leaned over.

KEB

• Member Contributer

I may be talked into a late April WNC run, and can meet the VA guys to ride the Meadows of Dan / Tuggles Gap area Wednesday-Friday nearly any week.

If KEB would bother to modify clearance of metal parts at full lean on the NC700X, he would be scary to follow in any condition.

***Be wary of all who have commented in this thread. They are not what they seem.

• Member Contributer

Watch.out for a silver sixth gen being lead by an old dude on various small displacement Hondas. I hear they're friendly but treacherous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:goofy::goofy::goofy:

• Member Contributer

I may be talked into a late April WNC run, and can meet the VA guys to ride the Meadows of Dan / Tuggles Gap area Wednesday-Friday nearly any week.

If KEB would bother to modify clearance of metal parts at full lean on the NC700X, he would be scary to follow in any condition.

***Be wary of all who have commented in this thread. They are not what they seem.

It never matters. If I have more lean angle I just use it. Limits are not bad really and I still have fun just poking along on a sub-50 HP bike. I redid the suspension on the CB and did some hot Dragon laps today. Stoooopid corner speed with no sparks. I can easily outride the brakes on that bike but what a blast hanging with the speed merchants today on a 470cc bike. Ridiculous how easily I reeled in some high dollar sportbikes and KTMs.

Next decent weather break you shoot over for a couple of days and we will take the sleepers over to the Gap and slay some tires. I need to finish off the stock tires on the CB and the front Q3 on the NC needs to finished off.

• 1 month later...

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Do you Dragon Sluts have to steal every thread about the damn area or what! :mad:

:goofy:

TARocks, your about a month early on this one, they'll be around 80-100 of us down there in May.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80225-official-12th-annual-texasmac-event-thread-2015/

• Member Contributer

I rode it on my BMW K75 but would love to ride it again on my 2002 VFR. I may have to sneak away. Check out some video here if you've never been: https://joepoppk75.wordpress.com/2013/08/14/east-coast-tour-2013-day-5-boone-nc-to-tail-of-the-dragon-to-woodstock-ga/

• Member Contributer

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Do you Dragon Sluts have to steal every thread about the damn area or what! :mad:

TARocks, your about a month early on this one, they'll be around 80-100 of us down there in May.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80225-official-12th-annual-texasmac-event-thread-2015/

Did someone say "DRAGON" !!!!

I'll go . . .

• Member Contributer

I'd like to second this emotion. And at Tmac all the fun road are only half the fun. The other half is telling lies while enjoying your favorite beverage and/or meal when the riding is done. And should anything go amiss there will be plenty of help to solve whatever the problem is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived