The Official 2015 Sumsum <3 Page

didit

• Member Contributer

The 2015 VFRD SUM SUM <3 Will be Aug. 18 - 21st (Tue - Fri)

Montrose, CO

Well, I hope to see you here.

Host Hotel is now ready to take reservations.

Red Arrow Inn 970-249-9641

1702 Main St. Montrose, CO 81401

Initial Room Block of 12 rooms in place, under the name VFRD SumSum <3

First Block Rate is $99 / night plus taxes. Price may change once sold out.

They can only offer a maximum of 30 rooms blocked at this time of year.

There are other hotels in the area, well within walking distance. But ya wanna be where the action is.

More info, registration page and downloads to come.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montrose is 28 hours of slab from my house. I think its 29 hours from Maryland....... But - I believe there is an airport in Montrose - that might be good to know.............. Now - is there a bike rental place in Montrose or do I have to steal Miguels Veefalo ?

• Member Contributer

Montrose is 28 hours of slab from my house. I think its 29 hours from Maryland....... But - I believe there is an airport in Montrose - that might be good to know.............. Now - is there a bike rental place in Montrose or do I have to steal Miguels Veefalo ?

There is an airport in Montrose but you'd probably stop and change planes in Denver. Best option may be to fly to Denver (cheaper ticket than adding the Montrose leg) and rent a bike in Denver. I'm sure Denver has several place that rent bikes. Ride from Denver to Montrose is very nice.

Hope to meet you next August.

Mark

• Member Contributer

Can't wait to ride the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park again. Perhaps we'll be slowed down again by a real cattle drive. And then there the swimming pool! Neither is to be missed.

• Member Contributer

I am in.

Planning a scenic ride to meet up with my DC cop brother and hope to be dragging my familiar riding brothers from the Southeast along with.

Am in! Dates noted and vacation booked.

Hey Didit, first rate job on the promo - love the Yakety Sax on the sped up bike footage and the other hommages to timmythecop.

Looking forward to seeing the Vifferati out in the mountain time zone.

Guest Recalcitrance

I'm going to try really hard to make this ride. July and August are prime dates for my academy (SAT summer prep). :warranty:

TMAC was also too close to the end of the school year so I couldn't make that ride since it was during prime time for Final Exam reviews. :pissed:

I'm a Strong Maybe for now. Will know more in the following months. :sad:

• Member Contributer

Is it permissible to arrive on a Sabre?

Not when you have a Stealth RC51 in your shed. What would peeps talk about otherwise. (Did he REALLY paint that work of art flat black?!)

I'd really love to join an ever-expanding line of riders hooking up with the East Coasters as they invade the Rocky Mountains. It. Could. Be Done. !

• Member Contributer

We welcome all types & riders. We even allow both types of music . . .

Country and Western.

Hopefully Ki-Speed will bring the rolling ghetto blaster again.

I thoroughly enjoyed the use of one of Slammer's helmet intercoms at SumSum 2. I would like to purchase my own intercom before Aug. '15. What is the standard you will all be using?

From this thread, it would seem that SENA SMH10 would be what I should buy?

I don't want to show up with something that doesn't allow me to join in on the fun.

• Member Contributer

I thoroughly enjoyed the use of one of Slammer's helmet intercoms at SumSum 2. I would like to purchase my own intercom before Aug. '15. What is the standard you will all be using?

From this thread, it would seem that SENA SMH10 would be what I should buy?

I don't want to show up with something that doesn't allow me to join in on the fun.

Lee,

I would expect that most who show up with comms will be split between Sena and Scala. With the new G9x Scala has adopted a base that allows plug in speakers/earbuds to be used as well as addressed some of the connectivity issues related to multiple blue tooth inputs from music and GPS.

The updates to the G9x are available as a download to the G9 bios but there remain a few nits to pick with Scala. To be honest I don't believe that Scala or Garmin have anyone who works for their motorcycle products who do more than commute on a bike.

See if you have anyone near you who could let you try a G9 or a Sena 10 before you buy.

I have three autocomm systems on the shelf in the garage along with 4 G4's and now 6 G9's in the house. The younger Carver pair having purchased their own G9's and me adding a back up pair of G9's before our 3 weeks in Europe last month.

Sena and Scala G9 now interop over bluetooth with a nailed up intercom. Works well.. my G9 linked with my buddy's Sena and we rode together for a day.

Also, my G9 links well with the Garmin 590.. definitely recommend the set for touring. However, I still need to integrate radar detector audio into my set up.

If you use iphone, then scala + sena intercom gives you priority radar detector audio through a muxing component with full dial and pandora/mp3/garmin link capabilities ..

• Member Contributer

Added hotel number to first post for reservations.

Initial room block of 12 rooms at offered rate ($20 off retail).

We welcome all types & riders. We even allow both types of music . . .

Country and Western.

Hopefully Ki-Speed will bring the rolling ghetto blaster again.

.... Flat black Sabres?

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the sharp eyes motormike, dates & location added to the first post, as is the Hotel Room block & number.

Archived