Rc36 750 Carb Issue? (Vid Inside)

Try gently pushing the slide with a screw driver to see if it is stuck. Also of you remove the air box and plenum (the plate between the carbs and air box! You can remove the carb top and then remove the slider. If slider is not stuck try blowing compressed air down the various small holes visible once slider is removed. All this can be done without removing carb bank.

Good luck!

The diaphragms are junk. Removed the carbs and they're all loose, must have been something in the fuel as I cleaned the carbs fully not so long ago. Ugh, more money to be spent on replacement parts then!

• Member Contributer

I'm very confused. What do you mean by "they're all loose" ? They are rubber and are supposed to be nice and soft and pliant. Only issue would be if they hardened or have any tears in them.

if your diaphragms were junk, you'd know it. Those you have are not. It would appear to me that the needle is stuck on the one carb and nothing more. Like it was mentioned, take a screw driver and gently push the slide up. I'll take a guess and say there is corrosion of some sort on the needle.

a6ydu9en.jpg

The diaphragm is in the pic on the left. The cylinder with a rubber diaphragm at one end and a needle at the other. Th access remove the four screws on the cover (top right in picture)

If indeed the needle is stuck you can release it from the main jet with a Phillips head screw driver through the cylinder opening by applying a half turn to the needle retailer. Then use some Lilongwe nosed pliers to gently work it free.

Hope this helps.

• Member Contributer

Lilongwe nosed pliers...

Must these pliers come from the capital of Malawi? :unsure:

or is Lilongwe the aboriginal word for long?? :unsure: :unsure:

:goofy:

Haha, trust me...they're junk. The rubber diaphragms have lost their shape, there's a lot of slack between the outer ring and the base at the slide - so little so no suction is happening.

The diaphragms should move all the way up without issue - this isn't caused simply by a 'stuck needle', that's one of many symptoms that can stop the slides from moving. I just needed to remove the carbs to confirm this which has now been done. So some used carbs are en route from a relatively low mileage bike which should solve the issue. I'll upload another vid once they're on to prove the point.

• 5 months later...

Archived