Making Fiberglass Fairings

Guest Swiffer

Guest Swiffer
Me too.  Images are all missing, were they from before the Great Crash?

No, they were "pruned" by the site.

Unfortunately my backup copy was lost in my own computer crash.

I'll post new pics one day, stay tuned.

• Member Contributer

Swiffer i would be interested in one of your "hand made" huggers, when you get around to making some up. Put me on the list, as i'm sure there would be alot of interest . :blink:

Guest Swiffer
Swiffer i would be interested in one of your "hand made" huggers, when you get around to making some up. Put me on the list, as i'm sure there would be alot of interest .  :beer:

OK, if ypu please PM me and specify what you are interested in...

Carbon is harder and takes more time. If you want it painted you might as well go with glass fiber as the weight difference is small. All units are epoxi. The price will be enough to pay for new fibers and epoxi + a very small fee for work. BUT since I buy my stuff in small quantities I don't get very good prices. These huggers will not be extremely cheap.

I'll post pics in a special thread when I have decent pics.

• 11 months later...
Guest ex TZ tuner

If you don't crash a lot, papermache makes a great one-off mold, and it's pretty easy to get the neighborhood kids to do it for you! :joystick:

• 10 months later...
Guest Antares88

This sounds like a great project! This is an older post but what are the chances of obtaining some pictures to go with this great "how-to" ?

Thanks in advance if you can. :thumbsup:

On another note, does anyone have a good lead on reasonably priced replacement body parts? I cracked the right middle cowl on my '94 and am having a hell of a time finding a recycled/salvaged replacement. The OEM version is going for $440. sad.gif

Thanks again.

• 8 years later...

I've come across this very old post, very well done!

The links for the photos are no good anymore though, not sure if guest swiffer is still on this forum? Would be so good to see the pics that go along with this thread, thanks.

My 86 VFR is in need of some repairs and I thought it would be a good time to try out making some of my own parts

Edited by rosok