CENTER STAND + GSX-R MIRRORS + LED LIGHTS

PanzerAstridBears

1. CENTER STAND

2. GSX-R MIRRORS

3. LEDs

1. CENTER STAND:

Just got my center stand from Honda. Yay!!! Adds extra weight, aint pretty ... but dont care.

Gunna make my life easier & maintenance / cleaning easier. Got it from Hondapartsnation.com

Ebay had a used stand (Just the stand for $79.95 & it needed powdercoated / painted )

When i went to check their website for all the other parts, the part from Honda was $77! Brand new!!! Sold.

So the total parts order was right around $127. $77 for the stand & $50 for everything else.

Shipping was round $25. From Michigan, so it got here in a day or two UPS ground once they shipped.

2. GSX-R MIRRORS w/ LED BLINKERS

Buy it now from ebay stor SINCITYCYCLEPARTSINC for $38.

Im sure they are chinese for that price. But the company is outta NY, and they pretty solid.

So Im gunna take a shot. Ive gotta replace mirrors since i dumped the bike for the second time ... hence the center stand.

Gunna have my cousins shop or one of my buddies make up the required base / mounts.

Ill keep everyone posted about the base, so i can get extras made up. Ive noticed quite a few posts with guys wanting the base.

Even if the mirrors dont work out, ill have the good base setup.

If anyone has a pix or simple drawing, post it so i can get an idea.

i know ill need to modify / fix wiring so LED blinkers work, right?

3. LED LIGHTS

Gunna add some LED lights similar to HALO angel/demon eyes.

Or maybe trim accent lights similar to AUDI.

Then id like to add some spot / extra lighting were my turn signals were / are.

I think the name of the spots is DENALI??? from twisted throttle. $220 per pair.

Im getting everything through SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM

Spots are around $40 per pair. Dont like their housing, but im gunna make some custom

mounts for a clean look.

Now I just gutta get my girl to run again, since she just died, and i had to push it 3 miles.

So thats priority #1

NEXT PROJECTS???

1. 929 or Penske or Ohlins shox ( Probably 929 to save the $ )

2. CBR600RR fairings & tail / subframe

3. Custom exhaust ( either BUELL style or high mount like staintune )

OR

Save my money, keep my girl stock, and get my 1125R, RC51 or S2R

They are all around the same price - $5000

KOOL

Steve

Ill keep everyone posted on the GSXR bases as soon as I can

Too bad the centerstands can't be made to come off and on the other gen bikes as they do on the 4th gen. It takes me just a few seconds to slip it on and off my 4th gen to do maintenance on the bike, so I never really missed the centerstand since I took it off many years ago.... Maybe someone can figure out a way to make it similarly easy to take it on and off different VFR gens?? Could be a very worthwhile project for someone to take on,especailly for those who really do not use their ceterstands when away from their garages........

Beck

95 VFR

Edited by Beck

• Member Contributer

Too bad the centerstands can't be made to come off and on the other gen bikes as they do on the 4th gen. It takes me just a few seconds to slip it on and off my 4th gen to do maintenance on the bike, so I never really missed the centerstand since I took it off many years ago.... Maybe someone can figure out a way to make it similarly easy to take it on and off different VFR gens?? Could be a very worthwhile project for someone to take on,especailly for those who really do not use their ceterstands when away from their garages........

Beck

95 VFR

I have mine like that. ('99) Removing the right bolt is the issue with header clearance. You can tap the bolt hole all the way through the mount to the center of the bike, then insert the right centerstand bolt from the center of the bike out. IIRC, the mount is threaded all the way through just rough on the inside, I ran a sacrificial bolt through to clean up the thread. I used some all thread with double nut on the inside and a single nut on the outside. On and off in a few minutes.

IMG_9108Large.jpg

Beck

95 VFR

I have mine like that. ('99) Removing the right bolt is the issue with header clearance. You can tap the bolt hole all the way through the mount to the center of the bike, then insert the right centerstand bolt from the center of the bike out. IIRC, the mount is threaded all the way through just rough on the inside, I ran a sacrificial bolt through to clean up the thread. I used some all thread with double nut on the inside and a single nut on the outside. On and off in a few minutes.

IMG_9108Large.jpg

There you go, maybe you can refine this into a list of parts and instructions that other 5th genners here can try out on their own rides....

Thanks for posting about your solution.....

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Send a PM to Darth Bling.

He made a kit for a number of us with the mirrors and adapters:

http://www.vfrdiscus...ors-on-6th-gen/

It's been a while, but he may still be able to set you up.

I'm pretty sure he's all out but if I recall he may be willing to share his CAD design should someone want to have new one's machined.

still unclear on centerstand.

going to F with it now.

OEM parts i ordered did not include a nut unless im looking at wrong holes. thats happenend before.

Mmmmm

oh i see, there seems to resemble what can be descrbed as threads were the center stand bolt go.

i guess im really clueless on the bolt designation. Microfiche / the bolts i ordered say 10x32 and 10x50.

the size of the hole they are clearly not 10mm

Well thats it. im not doing anything till i go to fastener store tomorrow or honda dealership.

gunna get the correct/dimensionally right bolts.

the small spacer was also backordered. poop

been reading everyones pain from days gone buy with mirror mounts, 929 mounts, etc ...

i cant figure the right bolt for centerstand (going to MICRON tomorrow)

But DAG!!! im one lucky S.O. B.

Family MFG shop has all the stock i need.

The talent to weld it up and CAD it up.

Now if i can just be a good boy and not piss em off.

Cant wait to delve into my juicy projects.

Already got great light to have aluminum rear subframe welded up. Gunna have to layout and cut all the pieces my self.

So whats a few mirror bases and a 929 mount right?

Going to look at 2007 CBR tail and seat in the next couple days.

Finish that first before i swap out whole front fairings.

LED Headlight ala Ducati Panigale 1198 S

Edited by PanzerAstridBears

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my GSXR MIRRORS & 929 SHOCK on thursday. Yay!

Mirrors look great. Dont seem like Hong Kong crap people were talking about, so IDK.

Already made 3 prototypes for mirror base. 2 outta foam & the third outta JB Weld Steel putty.

(That stuff is junk by the way, unless i mixd it wrong. The LOCTITE Epoxy Putty is T**TS!!! )

Got the OK from cuz about his guy making the mirror bases.

And my BF said he was in.

Im gunna have to pay the BF something for his time, but gunna keep it as low as possible.

Gunna start another thread specifally about GSXR Mirrors & Bases.

• 7 months later...

MAY 2013

I put one of the mirrors. Nice! Worked great.

Was only a temporary mount, just to test dimensions & design.

Now bike is back apart & its riding time :(

2013?

1. New Chain = D.I.D. 530/108 Gold/Black (Amazon $90 total!). Rivet type

2. Centerstand = installed, but cant get spring on :mad:

3. 929 shock = finish the bracket

4. exhaust = ceramic coated ($150) be done this week!

5. 05 CBR600RR bodywork = been repairing it. got the best glue! 3M. 08 Pearl Orange.

929 Subframe.

6. 2012 Showa BPF off ZX10R = UUUFFFF1111 :wacko:

The center stand springs are a biotch. I think I used the end of a tie-down strap to slip it over, then cut the tie-down (just the end of the strap, unnecessary). But muscling it over should also work.

As for the GSXR mirrors. Bleh. I've got those too, and I can't see a damn thing out of them, they vibrate so much. It's the adjustable mirrors within the housing. They don't adjust far enough to make it useful, and vibrate to no end at 30mph. But I like the indicator capability, so I'll probably pick up a pair of universal fixed signal mirrors off ebay.