Anybody Tried Shrinking Leather Riding Boots?

Lobster

• Member Contributer

Today I scored a nice pair of lightly used Diadora leather riding boots. They are just a touch on the large size even with my thickest riding socks on. These are the leather versions and don't have major plastic all over them. Do you think I can soak these in water for a few hours and let them dry in the sun and have them cinch up a little bit? They don't need to shrink much...and I only paid $50. I'm open to any ideas...thanks.

gallery_1904_3808_3843.jpg

boot

• Member Contributer

Today I scored a nice pair of lightly used Diadora leather riding boots. They are just a touch on the large size even with my thickest riding socks on. These are the leather versions and don't have major plastic all over them. Do you think I can soak these in water for a few hours and let them dry in the sun and have them cinch up a little bit? They don't need to shrink much...and I only paid $50. I'm open to any ideas...thanks.

boot

Maybe an insole to take up some space?

While the water treatment might shrink the leather uppers, what happens where they meet the sole?

boot

Maybe an insole to take up some space?

While the water treatment might shrink the leather uppers, what happens where they meet the sole?

I agree......You'll never get the whole shoe to fit trying to shrink it.... But a Doctor Scolls(or whatever) inter sole while do the trick.

Archived