What is the distance of '07-11 CBR600RR front rotors

FinnRC36

Question

Does anyone know this or can someone measure this?

Need this info as I'd like to know if this wheel would be an option for the 3rd gen in search for an ultimate light front wheel.

If the dimension is the same as in '08-11 CBR1000RR (138mm by my measurements) it can be fitted with simple spacers cut to correct length as the the bearings in the 600RR are the same as 3rd/4th gen. I have confirmed that the 1000RR wheel can be fitted but this requires more complex spacers as the are no mathing bearings with 20mm ID and the 1000RR uses 25mm axle.

The older models I've already ruled out as the rotors are too wide on those. So can anyone help me out here?

14 answers to this question

not sure if this is going to help but honda do do some good interchangeable stuff , mine : 95 vfr750 cbr 929 front end and now a new model cb1000r front wheel , cb wheel was smaller axle 20mm 929 wheel 25mm axle , wheel bearing outer dia different and no bearings made to suit i machined the centre of the hub out to make 929 bearings fit and made new spacers all good , disks on cb wheel smaller than 929 but disk offset and mountings where the same straight swap all good , maybe you may have similar luck , there is more info and pics on page 4 and 5 of here

I should have an 07 in for service in the next couple weeks. If you don't find out sooner, then I will post the info for you.

Have you already tried cross referencing the 1000RR part number with the 600 parts on an online microfiche?

Do you need to know rotor diameter?

• Member Contributer

I've got an '09 in the garage. I'll try to remember to measure it when I get home.

I have confirmed that the 1000RR wheel can be fitted but this requires more complex spacers as the are no mathing bearings with 20mm ID and the 1000RR uses 25mm axle.

You can use a 6204 bearing with the RR wheel instead of the stock 6005 bearings. Only requires custom wheel spacers.

• Member Contributer

Need this info as I'd like to know if this wheel would be an option for the 3rd gen in search for an ultimate light front wheel.

If the dimension is the same as in '08-11 CBR1000RR (138mm by my measurements)

133mm on my '09 600RR.

If the dimension is the same as in '08-11 CBR1000RR (138mm by my measurements)

133mm on my '09 600RR.

Thanks a bunch!

So it looks like the 600RR wheel would be perfect for me using '07-10 600 Hornet rotors which are Ø296mm and have 2mm more offset than the stock 600RR rotors. That would give me 137mm as rotor distance which is 2mm more than the stock 3rd gen but I had use 1mm washers under the CBR918 calipers to line them up perfectly on the rotors so I can just remove them and it should be prefect.

I should have an 07 in for service in the next couple weeks. If you don't find out sooner, then I will post the info for you.

Have you already tried cross referencing the 1000RR part number with the 600 parts on an online microfiche?

Do you need to know rotor diameter?

Thanks SEB but I already have the 600RR rotor dimensions, Ø310mm, 6x110mm bolt pattern, 12,5mm offset and Ø94mm inner diameter according to Braking online catalog. And checked the fiche and the numbers are different.

You can use a 6204 bearing with the RR wheel instead of the stock 6005 bearings. Only requires custom wheel spacers.

I was wondering can the 6204 bearing be used as it's 2mm wider and I couldn't find a dust seal 2mm narrower than the original. So the question is can the dust seal be used even though it cannot be mounted flush in the bore? Or is the bearing bore that much wider that the dust seal could be mounted flush with the outer surface?

I was wondering can the 6204 bearing be used as it's 2mm wider

Ah, I had the widths mixed up, I thought the 6204 was 2mm narrower. I don't think you'll find 20x47 simmerrings narrower than 7mm.

Thanks SEB but I already have the 600RR rotor dimensions, Ø310mm, 6x110mm bolt pattern, 12,5mm offset and Ø94mm inner diameter according to Braking online catalog.

Same as 04-05 1000RR

I was wondering can the 6204 bearing be used as it's 2mm wider

Ah, I had the widths mixed up, I thought the 6204 was 2mm narrower. I don't think you'll find 20x47 simmerrings narrower than 7mm.

Thanks SEB but I already have the 600RR rotor dimensions, Ø310mm, 6x110mm bolt pattern, 12,5mm offset and Ø94mm inner diameter according to Braking online catalog.

Same as 04-05 1000RR

I couldn't find one narrower either. Actually I did find one 6mm wide but that was with 31mm ID so you would have to make new spacers with that too and it's still 1mm too wide.

Other than the bearing size the '08-11 1000RR and '07-11 600RR front wheel seem the same. And like I said by making a little more complex spacer the 1000RR wheel can be used as is with original bearings and bearing spacer inside the wheel. Something that can be easily done in a lathe. The 600RR wheel could use the original spacers just cut to correct length or with an additional simple spacer.

• Member Contributer

If the dimension is the same as in '08-11 CBR1000RR (138mm by my measurements) it can be fitted with simple spacers cut to correct length as the the bearings in the 600RR are the same as 3rd/4th gen. I have confirmed that the 1000RR wheel can be fitted but this requires more complex spacers as the are no mathing bearings with 20mm ID and the 1000RR uses 25mm axle.

The older models I've already ruled out as the rotors are too wide on those. So can anyone help me out here?

Zombie Thread Alert... it's coming back from the dead ;)

I'm looking at potential CBR1000 front wheel on my track bike, FinnRC36 or anyone else ... is this 138mm inside edge to inside edge (outside to outside... C-C, etc.) of the '08-'11 CBR1000? Does anyone have an '04-'05 CBR1000 they could measure the front rotor spacing or is the same as this?

Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!

I'm looking at potential CBR1000 front wheel on my track bike, FinnRC36 or anyone else ... is this 138mm inside edge to inside edge (outside to outside... C-C, etc.) of the '08-'11 CBR1000? Does anyone have an '04-'05 CBR1000 they could measure the front rotor spacing or is the same as this?

Did you ever get an answer? I'm working on something that involves CBR1000RR and 600RR front end mix-n-match and looking for spacing between rotors, this thread comes up pretty high on google search, nothing else that I could find has any real #'s

• Member Contributer

Did you ever get an answer? I'm working on something that involves CBR1000RR and 600RR front end mix-n-match and looking for spacing between rotors, this thread comes up pretty high on google search, nothing else that I could find has any real #'s

I'm on the road and i don't have my notes with me, I did pick up an '05 CBR1K front wheel for my track bike and IIRC I have a 1mm difference to compensate for with my 929 triples and ZX14 forks... I'll post up the CBR1K rotor spacing when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm on the road and i don't have my notes with me, I did pick up an '05 CBR1K front wheel for my track bike and IIRC I have a 1mm difference to compensate for with my 929 triples and ZX14 forks... I'll post up the CBR1K rotor spacing when I get home.

Thanks!

I'm trying to combine CBR1000RR front end and 600RR wheel, need wheel measurements before I make new triple clamps... no rush, been at it for a while ;)

• Member Contributer

Thanks!

I'm trying to combine CBR1000RR front end and 600RR wheel, need wheel measurements before I make new triple clamps... no rush, been at it for a while ;)

2005 CBR1K weighs 15.6 lbs with OEM rotors, bearings, and seals installed.

Front rotor spacing measured in 3 places then averaged:

132.35 mm inner edge to inner edge

142.32 mm outer edge to outer edge

Thanks!

I have 1000RR fork with radial calipers (calipers same as 600RR) and 600 wheel and triple clamps. Was going to switch to 600RR fork just to make it simple but 600RR forks seem to be several times more expensive than 600 fork! So decided to do a cheap route and stay with 1000 front end and adopt the 600 wheel which has about 118mm spacing between rotor mounting surface.... Rotors are each about 7.5mm offset (inner surface) so adding 15mm to 118(117?) I have about 132mm, which is consistent with your measurement, so it seems all I have to do is make new wheel spacers (going from 22 to 25mm axle)

Also there is a small matter of having a custom top and bottom triple clamps made, Top will have risers for "fat bar"...

post-21591-0-38359500-1459396556.jpg

Archived