New helmet

flavadave

• Member Contributer

http://www.airoh.com/caschi/modular/j-106/color/j611_black_matt#[object%20Object]

AIROH TR-1 MODULAR HELMET

AIROH TR-2 MODULAR HELMET

This helmet is made in Italy and I want one. I can not find anyone selling this beauty in the US. After speaking to the operations manager in the AIROH factory she told me that there are 3 locations in Mexico that sell the brand.

Someone has got to know where to buy this brand inside the US. Sure I could buy it from Italy but the cost to ship it here is sky high.

Any help?

• Member Contributer

Before you buy,are you sure it'll fit your head?

Can't help you more than this. Sorry.

Good luck.

C

Good thing for me my hat size only equally swells with my belt size after Thanksgiving. All of which takes place right about in the begining of my off season. Mmmmmm cookies, tis the season :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

:laughing6-hehe: Yes, but I was referring to the shape of your head more than the size. My head is god for Arai quantum but not the other ones. But you know, it's your head. I hope someone can find it in the US for you. Let us know either way. Or is it time for a short holiday to Italy?!? :blink:

C

yes, sorry, I meant vacation...

• Member Contributer

:laughing6-hehe: Yes, but I was referring to the shape of your head more than the size. My head is god for Arai quantum but not the other ones. But you know, it's your head. I hope someone can find it in the US for you. Let us know either way. Or is it time for a short holiday to Italy?!? :blink:

C

AT first i was thinking....My friends in the UK always seem to be on holiday :pissed: and I am always working.

:idea3: Then it hit me you mean I should go on "Holiday" AKA Vacation to Italy to buy a helmet.

I have done worse, I rode a bicycle in France for 1000 miles to get run over by a Frenchman... :goofy:

I wear a X-11 Shoei which I think is a round design helmet so I am smellin' what your steppin' in

• Member Contributer

You can get either model here www.fc-moto.de with 4-5 day shipping at under $20.00 and tax free (no German tax). I'm sure there are other sites that offer these helmets also.

Wow... That's a nice helmet from what I "CAN" see....I love the way it looks.

Unfortunately... There's no way I can buy a helmet/boots/gloves with out trying them on 1st.

It's not here, because it most likely isn't DOT certified.

Good excuse to take a Euro vacation and get all those helmets they do not sell us from over there..

My brother got me my Dianese (Frist issue) Ergon helmet when they came out in the 90's, when they went on vaction to France and the UK back then. Only Gold British certification on it, but I used it for many years here in CA with no problems from any LEOs. Don't think they waste their time looking for DOT stickers on helmets anyway.

I myself had been eyeing Givi's "convertible" helmet for a couple of years already. You can change the vent and chinpiece systems for summer or winter use. Don't think they sold those anywhere in the US either.

Beck

95 VFR

I would swear a guy was selling those helmets at Laguna-Seca 2 years ago I really liked it and the price wasn't bad but I had just bought a new NH Arai, He was out of SoCal and said they had only been in the US a few months...with the econ going down hill maybe he didn't make it. Why don't email them and ask? info@airoh.com

a review from 2007:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/airoh-tr1/

• Member Contributer

I hate to admit but I just bought my third helmet in almost the same number of years... it really comes down to shape and fit. Every manufacture seems to have a different assumption about head shape. I think I finally found one that fits me and it's under the Christmas tree. I'll know of made a good choice about this time next year. The food news is that if this one fits as good as it felt in the store then I'l be set for a few years. For me the morale of the story is that at a minimum - I've got to try the fit before I but - AND don't settle for anything less than a perfect fit... Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Just to show the difference in manufacturers sizing...My Arai SIgnet GTR was a large and my Shoei Multitech (FANTASTIC helmet) is a small. They both fit equally comfy.

• Member Contributer

So far it looks like I may be able to get the helmet for about 300 bucks

I shall have to see what things look like after the holiday, this will be coming out of my mad money for sure.

I shall have to see what things look like after the holiday, this will be coming out of my mad money for sure.

Sure hope it'll fit you.... I have plenty of helmets but that thing is so neat looking I'd buy it anyway(if they were sold close by to go for a fitting).

• Member Contributer

Sure hope it'll fit you.... I have plenty of helmets but that thing is so neat looking I'd buy it anyway(if they were sold close by to go for a fitting).

Yeah now you have me guessing the whole idea....ugh. I may have found one for about 150 shipped if they have my size. I just love the shape of it. It looks like a fighter helmet.

Archived