So will The CrossRunner be VFRD worthy  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should the V4 CrossRunner be a Regular on VFRD

• Yes
    • No
    • Need more info
    • Let HS decide

• Member Contributer

I would like some rough and dirt (in a pinch) road capability too. But I do not want to put crash bars on ....like my KLR.

Wish I wasn't so smitten with Honda reliability and scared of European bikes reputation of lack of reliability... Ducati Multistrada or Triumph Tiger 1050 would be on the short list...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More conjecture from Visordown.com

"It's anticipated the new machine will mimic the styling cues set by the VFR1200F, Fireblade and CBR250R, revealed earlier today on Visordown.

Expect the new Honda to use a smaller, 800cc version of the VFR1200's engine, along with dual purpose styling, traction control and engine mapping."

Smaller Version of the 1200??????????????????????????? instead of retooled/remapped/reVtec of the 6th Gen motor...wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a chance. That's a VFR800 motor and frame. Look at it!

More conjecture from Visordown.com

"It's anticipated the new machine will mimic the styling cues set by the VFR1200F, Fireblade and CBR250R, revealed earlier today on Visordown.

Expect the new Honda to use a smaller, 800cc version of the VFR1200's engine, along with dual purpose styling, traction control and engine mapping."

Smaller Version of the 1200??????????????????????????? instead of retooled/remapped/reVtec of the 6th Gen motor...wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a chance. That's a VFR800 motor and frame. Look at it!

In the press blurbs during the release of the VFR1200 it was stated that the new motor was lighter than the 800cc unit it replaced. It is shorter back to front as well. It doesn't have the wacky VTEC valve adjustment procedure. Hey sounds like a winner to me. Maybe they found a way to drop a few more pounds going down to an 800. Wouldn't that be nice...

Brian

• Member Contributer

I am beginning to think that this potential VFRD worthy craft may be a lower power competitor to this.

2468442420099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

And I really enjoyed riding the new Strada. For me,100 horses is about right/enough but then again I have not ridden a 1200 VFR.

Man that thing is sexy....

But this Honda concept is looking good too...can't wait to see what comes out.

Here is a pic from EICMA showing a pic of the veefalo engined cross tourer concept bike:

Honda-2011_V4_Crosstourer-concept.jpg

And the CBR600F is back, I like it :fing02::

2011-Honda_CBR600F_1.jpg

2011-Honda_CBR600F_2.jpg

There is also a pic of another concept bike but I can't reach the link right now and will try again later. It is however a scooter similar to the Silverwing.

• Member Contributer

And the nominees for "best pillion seat 2011" are............................

piaggio_01.jpg2011_MV-Agusta-F3.jpg

:laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Here is a pic from EICMA showing a pic of the veefalo engined cross tourer concept bike:

Honda-2011_V4_Crosstourer-concept.jpg

Is that the 1200 version??? Hell for leather has the same picture and they say

"This is the model Hondas been teasing with all those sketches of a mid-capacity crossover. The Honda Crosstourer Concept uses a smaller version of Shamus 1200cc V4, shaft drive and Honda says its been designed to offer the performance of a naked bike with the comfort and practicality of an adventure tourer."

So maybe we are back to the new smaller 800?????

Note the wire wheels...maybe it will come in 17 and 19 inch wheel versions like the new 800 Triumph.

Gotta love this speculation stuff. :cheerleader:

Is that the 1200 version??? Hell for leather has the same picture and they say

"This is the model Honda’s been teasing with all those sketches of a mid-capacity “crossover.” The Honda Crosstourer Concept uses a smaller version of Shamu’s 1200cc V4, shaft drive and Honda says it’s been designed to offer the performance of a naked bike with the comfort and practicality of an adventure tourer."

From what I understand is that the smaller capacity Honda is the Crossrunner X and the pic above shows the Tourer Concept bike and and Honda mentioned they would reveal a 1200cc concept and I can not imagine the "New Mid Concept" being a 1200. I guess we'll know tomorrow.

Here is a pic of the Crossrunner X stand and it looks just like what was revealed in the drawings.

2011-Honda_CBR600F_4.jpg

Gotta love this speculation stuff. :cheerleader:

+1.gif :laugh:

And finally here it is: the VFR800 Crossrunner:

It is based on the VFR VTEC and is fitted with Combined ABS.

Honda_Crossrunner_03_tn.jpgHonda_Crossrunner_01_tn.jpg

The Cross Tourer will get the Veefalo DCT engine, not much info on the "Mid Range" concept except that it will have a dual clutch transmission, maybe it is replacing the DN-01.

Other news from Honda is the CBR600F as shown above, the 25HP CBR250R, The Hornet and CB1000R are slightly narrower in the tail to mimic MotoGP style and have new headlights, Hornet now also has a digital dash.

Also there are two more scooters, the TW-T600 that has a 51HP two cilinder engine, and the 27HP SH300i that comes with ABS as standard.

Honda_CBR250R_tn.jpg

CBR250R

Honda_CBR600F_02_tn.jpgHonda_CBR600F_01_tn.jpg

CBR600F

Honda-Eicma-Press-Conference-2010-3.jpgHonda-Eicma-Press-Conference-2010-4.jpg

Cross Tourer (look at the text on the slide in the background of the second picture. May be an indication this bike is not coming to the US).

m1fzqgds2uha_ml.jpg

Hornet

m1fzqgasq3he_ml.jpg

CB1000R

m1fzqggsp0ht_ml.jpgm1azph2su8hs_ml.jpg

Mid Range

It looks like Honda has been busy.

• Member Contributer

More pics of the 800cc cross runner.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the looks - maybe it'll grow on me :mellow:

gallery_19264_5124_42270.jpg

2011-honda-crossrunner5.jpg

gallery_19264_5124_12972.jpg

2011-honda-crossrunner4.jpg

gallery_19264_5124_3178.jpg

2011-honda-crossrunner3.jpg

gallery_19264_5124_27714.jpg

2011-honda-crossrunner2.jpg

• Member Contributer

m1fzqgcskpgs_ml.jpg

I'll take this one....

If I'm reading the reports right, it's about 27 pounds lighter than a 6trh gen, and down a bit on HP and Torque... Could probably lose another 15 pounds when you replace that ginormous exhaust can..

• Member Contributer

Allright, I want one. Probably the one with the ammo case bags and the crashbars, if it isn't too heavy. But I wouldn't kick the other one out of my garage either. Please please please Honda, do send them to the USA...

• Member Contributer

Allright, I want one. Probably the one with the ammo case bags and the crashbars, if it isn't too heavy. But I wouldn't kick the other one out of my garage either. Please please please Honda, do send them to the USA...

Ya know, the more I look at the CrossTour the more I like it. If it's got the V4 1200 engine I could probably get on board with this one. I'd be tempted by the Crossrunner, but if the CrossTour comes to the States I may hold off for a bit. If its performance lands somewhere between R1200GS and Multistrada 1200 and comes with Honda reliability - I'm thinking I'm in!

• Member Contributer

The practical side of me wants a comfortable 200 mile range, shaft drive, hard luggage, and roomy ergos. And I adore Honda V4s. This just might be my dream bike.

• Member Contributer

I hope this isn't a 'Captain Obvious' question, but is the possibility of Honda delivering a VFR1200T over and done with given the release of the Cross Tourer?

Not if they're smart. The V4 engine is the one thing Honda has going for them that makes them different. They should exploit the technology and loyal V4 following for all it's worth. Look, there plenty of folks who ride VFRs just because of the engine. Given other choices in comfort and mission they may expand their market share and spread the V4 disease to people who would never consider getting on a sport bike.

Of course, it would be nice if they brought some of these bikes to the U.S.:beatdeadhorse: Are you listening, Honda?!?

I hope this isn't a 'Captain Obvious' question, but is the possibility of Honda delivering a VFR1200T over and done with given the release of the Cross Tourer?

Only Honda knows, but this is what Honda says about the new Veefalo engine used in the Cross Tourer concept bike:

The VFR1200F was the first model to utilize the new iconic V4 engine that signified the beginning of the new era in Honda’s engine line-up.

• Member Contributer
The VFR1200F was the first model to utilize the new iconic V4 engine that signified the beginning of the new era in Honda’s engine line-up.

Let's hope something like this comes along in 600 and 1000cc versions:

v4_supersport_concept.jpg

Dirk

Archived