• Yes
    • No
    • Need more info
    • Let HS decide

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'm sure that's a photochop... that aside, it would seem that would be the vtec setup. If that's the case, they better figure out how to drop some weight, I'd think... an adventure bike that pushing over 500lbs would sure get tiring.

• Member Contributer

Super Fugly IMO! :blink:

We will see in a few weeks what it really looks like...but the rumor is it will use "maybe" the 6th gen motor. Also a 1200 version GS competitor will be produced sometime in the future.

• Member Contributer

From the Moto-station website...with crude translation.

"XL800V Crossover, no doubt here hides a credible interpretation of what Honda to unveil us next EICMA in Milan Show. This was already some time that Moto - station .com was instantly. We knew through different sources that the Japanese manufacturer was preparing to present end of 2010 a new road trail equipped with a four cylinder v We had logically considered to a declination of the Honda VFR1200F, newest flagship brand with this type of motorization. In the meantime, two different sources have shown us this new trail would eventually be a cylinder capacity of 800 cm3, what this Honda France note reproduced at bottom of the page seems to confirm it also."

• Member Contributer

That encompasses pretty much everything I've never wanted in a bike!

+1.gif

I'm right there with ya mate - this could very well be my next bike! :cheerleader:

And to answer your question - okay it's not an interceptor but I think it should qualify you for VFRD membership - it's a honda V4 after all!

• Member Contributer

What do you think boys?

Not a boy, but it definitely interests me. The long travel suspension and larger front wheel is good for what passes for roads in my part of the world, where you don't have to go off the roads to find sand, gravel, and bumps. The traillie ergos suit my long legs and short torso.

I don't care what it looks like, because I want it to ride, not to look at.

• Member Contributer

+1.gif

I'm right there with ya mate - this could very well be my next bike! :cheerleader:

Que?

• Member Contributer

+1.gif

Que?

Oooops - silly me! -- got too excited and read what I wanted to read! :mellow:

• Member Contributer

What do you think boys?

Not a boy, but it definitely interests me. The long travel suspension and larger front wheel is good for what passes for roads in my part of the world, where you don't have to go off the roads to find sand, gravel, and bumps. The traillie ergos suit my long legs and short torso.

I don't care what it looks like, because I want it to ride, not to look at.

Long travel is the thing sometimes especially to make time in the rough stuff...paved or otherwise.

• Member Contributer

yes but for less money you could have this 800 moto

BMW_F800GS_ADVENTURE_BAGS.JPG

Are you sure the beemer costs less? I'd take the beemer, but, last I checked, it's going for around $15k.

• Member Contributer

But the Honda has the sweet V4! The BMW is a parallel twin and probably makes considerably less power.

• Member Contributer

The bike - a big and hearty YES!

The color scheme - No No No...

Even if they build it, what are the odds it will come here? I wouldn't bet on it...

• Member Contributer

yes but for less money you could have this 800 moto

BMW_F800GS_ADVENTURE_BAGS.JPG

Are you sure the beemer costs less? I'd take the beemer, but, last I checked, it's going for around $15k.

BMW's website says just over 13k...

Archived