Vfrtiger's Carbon Fiber...

VFRshark

VFRtiger finally received the carbon fiber accent kit she's been waiting for. We installed it when we were putting on her heli-bars. The kit is 9 pieces, including dash, top triple tree bracket, tank and fuel filler pieces and a cool tail piece. Sorry the pictures aren't better, but my photo editor program wasn't cooperating this morning...

6919cf_dash1.JPG

6919cf_tank_front_pad.JPG

6919cf_tank_pad.JPG

6919cf_tail_piece.JPG

• Member Contributer
VFRtiger finally received the carbon fiber accent kit she's been waiting for. We installed it when we were putting on her heli-bars. The kit is 9 pieces, including dash, top triple tree bracket, tank and fuel filler pieces and a cool tail piece. Sorry the pictures aren't better, but my photo editor program wasn't cooperating this morning...

6919cf_dash1.JPG

6919cf_tank_front_pad.JPG

6919cf_tank_pad.JPG

6919cf_tail_piece.JPG

Looks very nice... can you purchase these parts separately?

• Member Contributer
Any more details on this kit?

Looks cool on the white!

I first saw the kit on a white VFR at Cycle World in Daytona Beach and had to have it. It took about three months to get it though. A guy who lives in Daytona makes the kits and according to Cycle World they are going to become an accessory that can be ordered when you get the bike. If you want one, call them and then have plenty of patience since these are currently being produced by one guy!!

• Member Contributer

Looks very nice... can you purchase these parts separately?

I don't think they are available as separate pieces at this time. Call Cycle World in Daytona Beach for more information.

• Member Contributer
Bump. SWEET!. More, give us more!

The kit, all 9 pieces, ran $175, but that is not too bad since they are truly carbon fiber and held on place with 3M tape. These are not reusable, once they are on the bike, that is it.

• Member Contributer

I like it too but can't wait to see what Trace has to say about it.

[cough.....]

Would really show up well on YELLOW................................. :thumbsup:

[cough.....]

Would really show up well on YELLOW................................. :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That seems to be his pet peeve. <_<

[cough, cough........ahem]

• Member Contributer

Guys,

My friend owns a shop that makes dash trim kits.

If we can get the specks for the carbon decals (placement, size, etc...) I can order from him.

We will need a group buy thing ore something because he needs to make at least 20 or so. I will find out for sure if there is interest.

I never thought of it until now. Will have to ask him.

We will need a group buy thing........

Errrrahhh.....feeling a bit nauseous......head is spinning.....must...fight...urge...to...say...anything...else....must........be.......polite.........

Errrrahhh.....feeling a bit nauseous......head is spinning.....must...fight...urge...to...say...anything...else....must........be.......polite.........

Are you kidding? Trace is going to make his VFR plastic into all carbon fiber! LOL :goofy:

Are you kidding? Trace is going to make his VFR plastic into all carbon fiber! LOL :goofy:

I would do it if I it didn't cost so much :P

• Member Contributer

Are you kidding? He's going to just put the stickers on all the plastic, after he does the Z06 the same way. :thumbsup:

Are you kidding? He's going to just put the stickers on all the plastic, after he does the Z06 the same way. :thumbsup:

LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I was thinking of adding tacky phony vinyl adhesive WOOD GRAIN SIDING to the Vette, along with a giant tacky 1976 Trans Am Firebird decal to the hood. Oh, wait....can't talk about cars here....

....back to bikes. Here's my latest bling decorations. Quite an improvement, huh?

gallery_4707_1061_213335.jpg

Stickerz

• Member Contributer

Actually, I was thinking of adding tacky phony vinyl adhesive WOOD GRAIN SIDING to the Vette, along with a giant tacky 1976 Trans Am Firebird decal to the hood. Oh, wait....can't talk about cars here....

....back to bikes. Here's my latest bling decorations. Quite an improvement, huh?

gallery_4707_1061_213335.jpg

Stickerz

Say, what kind of springs ya got in that there motorcicle?

Guest 767fixer
VFRtiger finally received the carbon fiber accent kit she's been waiting for.

I'm still in wondering about always calling the wife a "stage name"....vfrshark...hmmmm?. my wife might like being called aprilia ann or something. it would go a lot further to mend our relationship compared to her current names i call her... the old lady, the nagging spouce, argument instigator, loud mouth, or lastly and my favorite....."My Kitchen Bit%$# "

• Member Contributer

You scare me... are you going to sneak into my garage and peel off my cf instrument cluster cover? I want the triple tree piece and I am set! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
I like it. Did you talk to the guy in parts w/ the red VFR about ordering them? I forgot his name but have talked with him before. I might swing by there this weekend.

Three sets were initially ordered. The other two went to people who worked at Cycle World so I am sure one was to the parts guy.

Archived