Hello from South Oxfordshire!

JakeStockwell

Hello All! New to this forum but not to the Honda V4. I had an NC30 way back when & suffered all manner of nonsense before finally, one morning, it snapped a throttle cable & I bought a Suzuki Bandit from the dealer around the corner so I could get to work. The 400 never ran again in my ownership & I crashed that Bandit because it was boring, and the seat was uncomfortable, and I then got a Fireblade which was stolen, so then I got a CBR600FW which was a fantastic bike & which still sits in the garage (head gasket failure; waiting for attention) next to another Fireblade that is being converted to something less likely to lose my licence and the VFR750FN which I bought a few months ago as a nice steady ride to whoosh me comfortably into the City (London) when I need to attend meetings and to also provide a breath of fresh air when required. She's a nice green model & has been fairly well treated but as I got her for £750 (an equitable price eh?) I won't complain too much... Currently giving me grief with the Reg/Rec; something I remember from the NC30 & a familiar story around these parts... I don't have a photo to hand but will get one when the plastics are all back on. Thanks for reading! ;-) 

• Member Contributer

Ayup... nice to see another rifer from the Sahff of Ingurlund.   whereabouts in South Oxon you at?

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across The Channel...  :beer:

At least you know a picture is needed :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Oxfordshire is south?  Anything north of the river is "north" to me!

Welcome.  Do you still have the NC30?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
19 minutes ago, JZH said:

Oxfordshire is south?  Anything north of the river is "north" to me!

Welcome.  Do you still have the NC30?

Ciao,

And that's the way us Northerners like to keep it! :goofy:

Welcome Jake, pics when able! :beer:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from the currently frozen tundra. I'm sure most of us would love to see a picture of your machine. If for no other reason, to prove you are not a figment of our imagination.

• Member Contributer

hello and welcome (as David Frost) used to say, where abouts are you?, I used to live in Witney,lovely little place do miss it as that is where most of my mates are and I do not get there enough

Welcome.

I thought Oxford was ON the river, where the oxen used to ford it, to be etymologically correct. So south Oxfordshire would be technically south of the river.

Hehehe.

What would I know? I'm an Australian from Spain with a Triumph living in Oxford.

OK so some call it the Isis but it's the same river.

Archived