2007 VFR & Bar-Risers & ways to be comfortable

landlover

Question

• Member Contributer

Hi, first took a year off riding and thought about selling VFR have decided to keep it but I have to make it more comfortable by either accessories or strengthening my back or shoulders or something. I don't want to spend the money on Bar-Risers but after 10 to 15 minutes of riding either am taking pressure off wrists or putting pressure on wrists I have done 400 mile days in the past but am constantly re-adjusting myself to get comfortable I like the bike but changes have to be made and will you all help please. Am six feet tall  about one hundred eighty pounds and forty six years old. Want to ride the blue ridge parkway, ride to the upper peninsula and hopefully out west for a scenic fun filled vacation on a motorcycle some day. Any and all suggestions are appreciated! 

5 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I am also debating bar risers so I will pay attention to this thread. Meanwhile I noticed BusyLittleShop on this forum has a note about his custom footpeg lowering blocks which could help your comfort factor. I’m also 6’ and just PM’d him about the pegs. 

• Member Contributer

Well I fitted higher bars to my VFR. I am similar to yourself. 6' tall and about 190. As I am the wrong side of 50 (only just.... honest!:pinocchio:) I also decided I needed to take the pressure off my back.

The best modification I have ever done, I got 50mm (ish) of rise and a pull back of about 30-40mm, the difference it has made is phenomenal. My VFR is my commuter bike and I can happily manage 100 miles in heavy traffic everyday.  No achy back.

I have yet to find an affordable peg lowering system but will keep looking as knees are likely to be the next thing to start complaining.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, landlover said:

Woodie thanks and what brand of higher bars were put on your bike?

He He.

I deliberately didn't mention the make as I scavenged them from my "Stock". They are actually Triumph Sprint GT 1050 bars which I fettled to fit with some ST1100 throttle cables. They have the same fork diameter and clamped on with some modification.

I know LSL/Speigler do some good kits and also Helibar but they were a bit expensive to me for something that might not be suitable for me., I'm Scots by birth so I object to paying for anything unless I have to.

There is also this thread found on this very esteemed site.

Archived