VFR 800 F - Development story

Kwee69

On 1/29/2018 at 4:50 AM, Thumbs said:

Kwee you should look into Rapid Bike modules, I've got the Evo on mine and have left in the "self-learning mode", noticeable improvement in pick up and low down power 

The Race version allows you to alter the fuel and ignition maps plus various other things, autoblipper, raise rev limit, etc

The units were in a group buy at VFRworld.com, Randy was the driving force behind it, unfortunately I missed it but got a good price on it from the UK importers 

The wiring harness that comes with it is the best aftermarket I've seen, all plugs labelled, highly recommended and of course you can just unplug it when you part with the bike

I'd second that, I have the racing version on and have left it in learning mode as well. It smooths things out a bit, in particular at low revs. Can't say I've noticed a noteworthy power increase but didn't expect it either.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

How does it work at higher revs?  Have to say I’ve never noticed any real probs at low revs that can’t be sorted by a gear change. 

1 hour ago, fink said:

How does it work at higher revs?  Have to say I’ve never noticed any real probs at low revs that can’t be sorted by a gear change. 

VTEC transition seems slightly smoother and is is great at high revs. 

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, mountainslide said:

VTEC transition seems slightly smoother and is is great at high revs. 

Ill take your word for it  as have never really noticed any roughness at the transition phase.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, fink said:

Ill take your word for it  as have never really noticed any roughness at the transition phase.

You don't notice it until it's gone 

Archived