What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

• Member Contributer

Bummer just had my wheel ultrasound tested & it does not look good. Tester recommended not to use it. ☹️ 

• Sad 1

• Member Contributer

On the topic of hand controls, by coincidence did the same for my 6th gen's clutch & brake levers (similar to the 3rd thru 8th gens). The old grease becomes sticky over time and I've found that spritzing WD40 or similar on them in place doesn't do all that good a job of cleaning.

When removed the levers can be dismantled, a tricky but not impossible task for those too inclined. That also gives access to clean the master cylinder pivot which ensures the smoothest possible response to input.

VFR levers.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not having any luck finding an OEM center stand or heated grips for a 7th Gen 1200, not sure about the grips (that can wait a few months anyway) but I think I'm going to order a RECRAFT MOTO brand center stand, anyone have any experience with that brand?

• Member Contributer

Out of Winterization, installed a battery, primed the fuel system and checked the tire pressures...   and rode the 95 for it's Spring opener.

PXL_20240423_235146570.thumb.jpg.6746fd644e72837771ab5e04b0a928fd.jpg

Nice rip in the Snohomish Valley after work and stopped for a beverage and some sweet potato fries at one of my favorites places, Duvall Grill and Tap Room.

EDIT:  WRONG FORUM!!!   Sorry.   I'm still leaving this here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1