What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

• Member Contributer

I wanted to start a post where anyone can come and say what they did to their bike. Or what they are doing, or plan to do. This can start some really good discussions, ideas. and learning. Example would be if someone works on their air filter it could remind others to check theirs. 

• Member Contributer

I’ll go first. Yesterday I replaced clutch and brake fluids along with a coolant change since the bike is 4 years old. I am planning on installing a K&N filter when it arrives tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Sweeper said:

I looked at it while I put the new shoes on the cb500x. I got new shoes for the VFR, just have to have them mounted.

IMG_4892.JPG

Grace's "Halfrica Twin" (Sweeper copyright) is looking good with those new shoes.  Time is counting down before you will need the VFR done.  5 months(ish) and counting!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I looked at her all tucked up in the shed nice n warm, wishing it was warm enough to go out for a spin, turned round, and nearly went on my arse on the ice.

• Member Contributer

I apologized to my VFR today for only riding her once since I got my convertible about a month ago (see below).  I felt guilty for neglecting her so I took her for a quick ride around the block :tongue:

• Member Contributer

I said thank you to my 800X as I gave her another wash (3rd this week I think) for completing another week of 100+ mile commutes without a falter, in comfort and relaxed progress and hoped that she felt good after her 16k service & new c&s.

I patted the tank on my 1200F and told her to stand fast and don't worry, the better weather is coming.....sometime.

Ordered gaskets and the like as prep for taking the heads off and checking the valves. Judging from my idle, I've probably got a few out of alignment, so not looking forward to having to buy shims and lifters later >_<

Still, gotta be done, as it's already at 26k and I've got no guarantee the previous owner did anything more than hastily slap on a few ill-conceived mods

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Vee-Ef-Ar said:

Very nice VFROZ... and Seb.

Are they rubberised toe pieces?

No, anodised alloy. 

Just checked again, no, they are a hard plastic type material.

The stainless bolt goes all the way to the end of tip.

f6a8911301244011986cec238eba86b1.jpg

Spent some time today looking for an answer to what this bolt does. Still no answer. I’ve looked thru the service manual 4 times the owners manual twice and search the inter webs for part numbers and still no luck so I figure I’d ask here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Amoreira88 said:

f6a8911301244011986cec238eba86b1.jpg

Spent some time today looking for an answer to what this bolt does. Still no answer. I’ve looked thru the service manual 4 times the owners manual twice and search the inter webs for part numbers and still no luck so I figure I’d ask here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Amoreira88.

You worry for nothing! You are looking at the Alternator cover so it would only be a form of plug, as to why Honda have included it God only knows, but given its the Alternator cover can't imagine there would be any adjustment or anything else under the bolt. 

Cheers.

29 minutes ago, Grum said:

Hi Amoreira88.

You worry for nothing! You are looking at the Alternator cover so it would only be a form of plug, as to why Honda have included it God only knows, but given its the Alternator cover can't imagine there would be any adjustment or anything else under the bolt. 

Cheers.

i just want to remove / replace it because its rusty but i dont want to let out the magic smoke if i dont have to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3