biggest triple tree offset vfr (like 50mm)

Henkies

Question

Hi,

I just found here that the 5G vfr has 44mm offset. I'm looking after a modern conventional fork swap with nice brakes for my '77 CB750, which has 50mm offset.

Is there a VFR with even more offset? Of do you guys know another modern bike that might suit.

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

The VFR series have 40mm offset. 

I can make you custom set to adapt just about any forks with your custom dimensions. I've done a few for members here who could vouch for my work. Shoot me a pm if interested. 

• Member Contributer

You wouldn't want 5th gen forks, given their linked brakes, but other 41mm forks could be used.  6th gen forks went to 43mm, but the same offset.  As Seb says, 40mm (which is a lot for a modern sporty bike).  Fireblades and the like go down to 30mm offset.  Maybe something more touring, like the ST1100 or 1300, or Deuville?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Do you know any friendly bike breakers?  Most of my data was obtained from eBay parts, which I personally measured, but it would have been cheaper to just measure someone else's parts!

Ciao,

On 15-1-2018 at 9:36 AM, JZH said:

Do you know any friendly bike breakers?  Most of my data was obtained from eBay parts, which I personally measured, but it would have been cheaper to just measure someone else's parts!

Ciao,

Correct, unfortunately I don't know any. :)

On 10-1-2018 at 6:08 PM, JZH said:

You wouldn't want 5th gen forks, given their linked brakes, but other 41mm forks could be used.  6th gen forks went to 43mm, but the same offset.  As Seb says, 40mm (which is a lot for a modern sporty bike).  Fireblades and the like go down to 30mm offset.  Maybe something more touring, like the ST1100 or 1300, or Deuville?

Ciao,

Then which offset has the 6th gen. And what is the caliper bolt spacing throughout the VFR800 bikes?

• Member Contributer

The 6th get has the same offset, 40mm.  I don't know of any other Hondas with 40mm offset other than VFRs.  The '90s CB1000F "Big One" might have a 40mm offset (43mm forks), but they're very hard to find anyway.  I have both top and bottom clamps in my garage, so it now puzzles me why I don't have the measurement... 

Ciao,

Archived