Major Service

Skids

• Member Contributer

Took my Crossrunner in for its 16k service on Friday. Unfortunately, they didn't allow enough time for the service and I had to take the loaner CB500F home and collect my X on Saturday afternoon.

Despite my return journey yesterday late pm being down the A1 from Peterborough, what a fabulous feeling to get back on the X after 100+ miles on the loaner CB500F. Don't get me wrong, it's a great little bike, but trying to hang on at cruise speed for all those miles was hard work.

Then I jumped back on the X and it hit me with such a stark contrast how good the VFR is. Everything is just right, in the right place and works so well. A really comfy riding position, mirrors that do their job fully, braking/handling that is so neutral, controllable and stable and a fairing that works even at slightly above the legal limit!  :007: 

I love the Crossrunner, easily the best 800 VFR I've owned.  :419: 

• Member Contributer

I looked at a couple of reviews of this machine and, if I was considering a new mc, this is the one I'd buy.

Thanks for the insight Skids.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, fink said:

How did it get on with the clearances?

Still awaiting an email with them on.

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, fink said:

I thought they would have had them on hand.  How much was it if you don’t Mind me asking? 

It was late Saturday pm. They said they'd email but clearly forgot. I'm chasing them up.

I'm on a servicing plan which I took out when I bought the bike but I think you are looking considerably north of £500.

I have one more service, 24k, on the plan left and after that I'm servicing it myself....mostly.

• Member Contributer
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, fink said:

How did it get on with the clearances?

Got the results in today, no changes. A couple were very close to the limit so will likely need changing next time.

• Member Contributer

You will be surprised how long they can stay the same.. ones on my old Pan were the same at 48k as they were at 24k.

Did that include the vtec clearances too?   When I asked about mine I got different answers from different dealers despite what manual says. 

• Member Contributer

Mine went into Fowlers and took 2 days, they did the clearances and everything on the list, plus new brakes front and rear £740, complimentary bike, KTM Duke 690 from when I dropped it off

Archived