a present from Mr Seb,

• Member Contributer

Opened my much anticipated Clutch cover from Seb today, I had blocked out a couple of hours today to do the installation and had everything all

set aside.  Well the best laid plans....all was going well until I opened up the new gasket, I should have checked it when I received it, wrong gasket.

So it gave me more time to make sure the mating surfaces were as free from old gasket as possible, install the red pressure plate, etc, I am having a correct gasket sent

next day to me so I expect I will get it late tomorrow or Wednesday mid day.  The shipping was 1.5 the amount of the gasket but what the heck.

My 3 gen 8 spoke rim will be ready this week on Thursday so this is a week of presents to myself.

A picture of the clutch cover just gently pushed into place

DSC_1075.JPG

• Member Contributer

Those are sooo cool. I get in more conversations with folks on the road due to that work of art.

2 hours ago, 750 said:

Nice! How much was this>

I believe a fellow viffer SebSpeed has a special on them right now. 

Yep group buy now, and also one for 800's for sale ready to mount in classifieds that someone never used.

• Member Contributer

All installed and run up to temp.  going to let it sit overnight on a sheet of glass to look for any possible leaks, if there is one it will be tiny.

An installation tip, when I pulled my outgoing cover I found an axle and a spacer in the catch tray (the starter gear axle and spacer) the spacer goes on the engine side of the gear, I tried it the other way, nope.

Thanks again Seb, one of my friends that just doesn't get it said, " whats that for? So you can see if your engine is running?"  I am loth to tell him I love to see my clutch turning, might be my Ducati background

Opened my much anticipated Clutch cover from Seb today, I had blocked out a couple of hours today to do the installation and had everything all
set aside.  Well the best laid plans....all was going well until I opened up the new gasket, I should have checked it when I received it, wrong gasket.

So it gave me more time to make sure the mating surfaces were as free from old gasket as possible, install the red pressure plate, etc, I am having a correct gasket sent
next day to me so I expect I will get it late tomorrow or Wednesday mid day.  The shipping was 1.5 the amount of the gasket but what the heck.

My 3 gen 8 spoke rim will be ready this week on Thursday so this is a week of presents to myself.

A picture of the clutch cover just gently pushed into place

DSC_1075.thumb.JPG.4faa752686a75589b43892bb3147d866.JPG

464fbb3cbb5ac012ce4da1ccd0dba87b.jpg
You done good—-had a guy ask me when did Honda start using dry clutches when he saw mine
Had to laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived