A rare, sweet VFR400R for sale

bobbyn

Super cool. For $9.5k, though, you can get a newer, more reliable VFR800 with big factory bags and longer range.

Really, though, I want this. I don't know if I want it $9,500 bad, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have one of those, same colour scheme, too.

it would pull an indicated 220kph down the straight at eastern creek raceway in full road trim. Fun bikes. Id overtake everyone in corners (600cc to litre bikes) and then get hammered down the straight, and rinse and repeat, great track day shenanigans.

$9500 US is crazy money, they aren't even $9500 Aus out here.

7 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Keef IIRC they were never a full US model, so they are rare in the USA !

They were never a full import down here either.

In the 90's, we had a massive grey import market for bikes. It even ended up forcing Honda to officially import the real cbr250rr 4 pot screamer as a learner bike. There were so many grey imports they saw the money to be made.

We still have  a 400cc race class down here, so heaps to choose from. The vfr400 isn't learner legal, but the higher spec rvf 400 is. 

I just had a look on an aus bike sales website, $3500-4000, and one muppet who is asking $9600aus.

Yeah looks really cool and I'll bet it sounds sweet!

But agree also, for $9,500 or even slightly less, there are a ton of current generation 600 super sport that will leave this VFR400 for dead.  But for someone who has everything already it would make for a great toy!

Archived