Hello,

So this is a big thank you and shout out to all members here that I have borrowed, copied and ripped off to complete my naked, streetfighting, cafe racer, black VFR800.

In particular, paladinread, vfrAustin, sebspeed, apexandy, keef and zefarton44, whose bike was the inspiration for mine.

I bought a new VFR800 in 1999, I was once a very early member of this site to, which I still have with 120k on it.

5a268f50d192b_VFR7.thumb.jpg.ef387fef1416e428b029571c4aec3e24.jpg

My old bike on the left, unwashed after riding it home from Darwin to Sydney, looks more tired than the tired new bike prior to streefighterification.

After seeing some of the naked streetfighters here and over at Custom Fighters, I decided I wanted one, and so picked up a tired Euro import 1999 VFR 800, which needed some love and in red to match my original bike and also as a bonus score some spare parts, quite a nice price point too when you wait eighteen years.

5a267f2837e7b_VFR1.thumb.jpg.4b838facfc16eb27fb57855849f90db2.jpg

It has a  complete CBR 929 front end, even has the repsol front guard and red rim sticker, CBR 929 rear shock, apexandy's Ducati Monster seat, I tried to make the sub frame as small as I could with the standard battery squeezed in and ECU, made a chain guard, paladinread's SV 650 front radiator, sebspeeds oil cooler, rear motorcross master and brake line in swingarm,  wrapped the headers, got a bit carried away with immitation carbon vinyl wrap, looks good at the moment, lowered the gearing, ebay chinese LED indicators, tail light, headlight, which is junk and starting to melt, a koso copy guage, cheap but pain to get working and some of keef's custom red knee cut outs, it's a plasti dip thing.

5a267f86c30b9_VFR2.thumb.jpg.7b58da54f534cc703591a75212d39adf.jpg

There is still a couple of things I'd like to tidy up, wiring loom, paint, rear disc is shot, suspension sorted, would like the sound of my staintune but like the look of the shorty, it's uncomfortable, impractical, unreliable, too loud, obnoxious and I love it, the opposite to my old bike which is exactly what I was hoping to achieve.

5a267fe374fb1_VFR3.thumb.jpg.158c22b287e5e80bc866a0d2da3fb07e.jpg

Once again many thanks to those that have gone before me, I couldn't of done it without you.

VFR 4.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nice one!!! :beer:

No credit to Timmythecop for the "Flat Black"????   tsk tsk tsk...:goofy:

Archived