Performance Mods rap up

4corsa

I finished my 3-part performance upgrades to my 2014: Delkevic slip-on; K&N air filter; and Power Commander V. I'm using a slightly modified version of the "Arrow Exhaust / no DB killer / stock air filter".

I can say I'm really pleased with the noticeable improvement in acceleration, especially from 7,000 to 12,000 RPM 4 valve range - it really gets to redline significantly quicker. Only a slightly noticeable difference under 7,000 2-valve mode. The sound is incredible. My other bike is a Ducati Monster S4R Testastretta with full Arrow exhaust, and I can say without hesitation that the VFR sounds far more like a beautifully tuned race bike. Only other bike sound that comes close in my mind is a Daytona 675 with a good exhaust.

So for under $600, I really feel my VFR could no longer be considered "under powered". Would now just like to find some ways to reduce its weight a bit, but really love this bike a lot more now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Dutchy said:

What's a rap without sound anyway :goofy:

That's right!  On behalf of the Rap Coalition of America I must insist we get some sound :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've just changed in my Honda the stock exhaust with the sc project slip-on, and I've put the k&n filter, but I would ask you if I put the power commander V, under 7000 rpm will the fuel consumption increase a lot?

Thank you very much in advance.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, 4corsa said:

...link to video with sound - best heard with headphones emoji16.png

Awesome!  Since VTEC apparently doesn't kick in while in neutral you might enjoy my vid below which shows what the Delk sounds like to outside observers when you hit the higher revs in motion :tongue:

• Member Contributer
On 12/5/2017 at 12:21 PM, 4corsa said:

Here's the photo in the meantime. Basically looks stock except for the Delkevic exhaust and the Aeromax windshield20171125_144331.jpg

I like that HRC sticker!

Awesome!  Since VTEC apparently doesn't kick in while in neutral you might enjoy my vid below which shows what the Delk sounds like to outside observers when you hit the higher revs in motion tongue.png

Great video for reviewing the sound - well done!

• Member Contributer

Good stuff.  I've always thought the best performance upgrade was improving rider skills......   Costs a LOT less in the long run too.  

Alligator Greg, don't laugh too hard at that video (it is funny).  There's a lot of "bad force" going on right now.  Gotta protect yourself.  The po po can't do it for you.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived