98-2001 5th gen Rearset adapters - Sebspeed Customs

SEBSPEED

Question

Hey all, this has been in the works for a bit and I'm finally ready to make an initial run available.

I developed this rearset adapter while building a custom '99. I had a set of CBR929/954RR Sato brand rearsets on hand, and so developed the adapters around them. I have designed them to place a racing-style 954RR rearset in the oem VFR peg position at the lowest, most forward position when the new rearsets are installed in the CBR orientation. This allows track or race style "up & back" adjustment. Because of the 2-pc design of most racing rearsets, the plates can also be flipped Left to Right to allow the pegs to be positioned lower than stock VFR position.

Can be set up for Standard or GP style reverse shifting 

I am selling these adapters as a kit at a pre-order price of $140 for the 1st 10 orders. All orders beyond the 1st 10 will be $150.

What you receive in the kit:

- 1 pair billet 6061-T6 aluminum adapter plates in Bare Bright or Satin Brushed finish (sorry, no anodize option at this time)

- 1 set of 6061-T6 spacers

- stainless steel hardware

To complete this modification to your bike, you will also need to purchase an oem or aftermarket set of rearsets made to fit a 00-2003 CBR929RR or 954RR (fit is the same). I chose to leave this option to the end user rather than A) maintain an inventory and B) limit style and selection. The world is your oyster folks, there are a great many options out there for CBR sets!

There ARE a couple caveats, as with any custom installation:

- depending on your choice of aftermarket set, you may need to use a pressure style brake switch rather than your oem switch

- the stock heat shield is deleted

- extreme peg position adjustments may require adjustment of the brake line(s) and/or brake line replacement

- new levels of comfort and/or on-track prowess may cause untold amounts of envy from other VFR riders...

20171123_115414_zpszo9kjwcc.jpg

20171123_115358_zpsnbnqqlax.jpg

20171123_162414_zpsvy1tiu5g.jpg

20170529_212752_zpsbkiqzs07.jpg

IMG_20170707_192857_887_zpsvktzi44u.jpg

I will accept pre-orders as defined by a response to this posted list in combination with 50% down payment via paypal.

As with my clutch cover buy, I'm kicking back $5 of each pre-order to VFRD!

• Answers 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer
56 minutes ago, SEBSPEED said:

Hey all, this has been in the works for a bit and I'm finally ready to make an initial run available.

I developed this rearset adapter while building a custom '99. I had a set of CBR929/954RR Sato brand rearsets on hand, and so developed the adapters around them. I have designed them to place a racing-style 954RR rearset in the oem VFR peg position at the lowest, most forward position when the new rearsets are installed in the CBR orientation. This allows track or race style "up & back" adjustment. Because of the 2-pc design of most racing rearsets, the plates can also be flipped Left to Right to allow the pegs to be positioned lower than stock VFR position.

Can be set up for Standard or GP style reverse shifting 

I am selling these adapters as a kit at a pre-order price of $140 for the 1st 10 orders. All orders beyond the 1st 10 will be $150.

What you receive in the kit:

- 1 pair billet 6061-T6 aluminum adapter plates in Bare Bright or Satin Brushed finish (sorry, no anodize option at this time)

- 1 set of 6061-T6 spacers

- stainless steel hardware

To complete this modification to your bike, you will also need to purchase an oem or aftermarket set of rearsets made to fit a 00-2003 CBR929RR or 954RR (fit is the same). I chose to leave this option to the end user rather than A) maintain an inventory and B) limit style and selection. The world is your oyster folks, there are a great many options out there for CBR sets!

There ARE a couple caveats, as with any custom installation:

- depending on your choice of aftermarket set, you may need to use a pressure style brake switch rather than your oem switch

- the stock heat shield is deleted

- extreme peg position adjustments may require adjustment of the brake line(s) and/or brake line replacement

- new levels of comfort and/or on-track prowess may cause untold amounts of envy from other VFR riders...

20171123_115414_zpszo9kjwcc.jpg

20171123_115358_zpsnbnqqlax.jpg

20171123_162414_zpsvy1tiu5g.jpg

20170529_212752_zpsbkiqzs07.jpg

IMG_20170707_192857_887_zpsvktzi44u.jpg

I will accept pre-orders as defined by a response to this posted list in combination with 50% down payment via paypal.

As with my clutch cover buy, I'm kicking back $5 of each pre-order to VFRD!

I'm in! How long will I have to wait?! ;)

1 hour ago, ScottieDucati said:

IN like Flynn. Could you let us know what the bolt spacing is for the rearset mounts? I'm curious, it looks mighty close to what my NC30 uses....

I will measure and let you know, don't have it comitted to memory. Just remember that the bolt spacing is only 1 part of the peg location equation - if you use other sets then you're kinda on your own for fit up.

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, RVFR said:

Nice, now to go check out what 54 sets are going to do here.  Good job.

I've been looking into this.  Looks like Gilles Tooling or Sato based on what I found so far.  Was hoping there was a Woodcraft set, but alas no.

16 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

1. Duc2V4

2. ScottieDucati

3. VFRNewbie

4. Kieran Rielly

5. Ioseb

Added folks who have confirmed here and via other methods.

Just a reminder, I will not seek payment till we have 10 on the list. I will contact all once we reach 10 (more than 10 is ok too!)

On 11/27/2017 at 1:58 PM, ScottieDucati said:

IN like Flynn. Could you let us know what the bolt spacing is for the rearset mounts? I'm curious, it looks mighty close to what my NC30 uses....

Bolt spacing is 60mm.

38 minutes ago, RVFR said:

Curious,  is one able to use the swing arm black caps

No sir. The parts I've designed are a fair vit smaller than the oem parts, and so the caps will not fit. 

I could probably design a new cap, if there is significant interest.

5 hours ago, VFROZ said:

Looks awesome.

Any chance we can get a full side on view of bike square on so that I can make my mind up?

The bike is as yet unfinished, nor standard (custom naked conversion), so I'm not sure how much help it would be. I do have a few more pics I can link over later today.

2 hours ago, keef said:

I just sold some parts to rod numbers (window clutch cover).

I'm in, seb.

Alright!

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

The bike is as yet unfinished, nor standard (custom naked conversion), so I'm not sure how much help it would be. I do have a few more pics I can link over later today.

Alright!

Thanks mate, it's more to try and figure out where the pegs end up compared to standard. 

21 minutes ago, VFROZ said:

Thanks mate, it's more to try and figure out where the pegs end up compared to standard. 

No problem. The new pegs can duplicate the standard position by being placed in the lowest, most forward position. All up and back from standard, or down and back if you flip the new (mid) plates.

Like seb did for me and another mate who when we both bought bits at the same time, I am happy to share postage and forward on the aus items if everyone else is cool with it.

I already have loseb's address from when I sold him my RC51 oil cooler, and vfroz and I are both in Sydney.

When do you want the 50% deposit, Seb?

Once we hit the minimum of 10, I'll send everyone a pm with paypal details. 

I checked on international postage today, it looks like $25US will get 1 set to the UK or Aus. That figure should hold true for most of Europe and western Canada. Mainland USA can ship in flat rate boxes for under $10.

If the weight jumps over 2lbs, the cost goes up to about $35.

As always, I let the buyer tell me how to declare value - I have no problem with marking as a gift & low value if import duties are an issue.

• Member Contributer
On 29/11/2017 at 11:11 AM, SEBSPEED said:

20170713_173644_zpsajuvgw4w.jpg

20170909_161150_zpsdjr4vsqy.jpg

I suppose this means I'll have to start a thread for the bike... lol

That looks WICKED! 

What subframe and tail tail is that? 

Archived