VFR800 for Home Depot run?

GatorGreg

I wish this bike had metal hooks instead of the loops under the seat. I used to always have a cargo net on the passenger seat. A few boxes of shoes or a case of beer, no problem. I did lose a bottle of bourbon once, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

I wish this bike had metal hooks instead of the loops under the seat.

That's what the Jesus handles are for.

If you have side cases, the brackets offer you a few extra places to hook bungee nets.  If not, the holes for the side case claws are OK too.

Or, you may not want a top case, but you can buy the extended grab handles meant to carry the mounting plate, and that gives you plenty of options.  You can put a milk crate there and make all the KLR owners jealous!

• Member Contributer

That's nothing.  I once hauled a set of cast iron small block Chevy heads across San Francisco (and back, after they were rebuilt) on the back of my '90 FL.  Surprisingly, neither journey ended in tears!

Ciao,

I liked the hooks because I could hook them through the mesh of the net to adjust the tension for the size of my load, and I never wanted the handles on my bike. I have the OEM top case now, though, so I'd only need it for larger items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I think the size of your load would be tension-dependent.  ;-)

On a serious note I think I see a marketing opportunity.  Something to go in place of the handles, a la the old lamented franken bolts.  Shouldn't be too tough to fab something, maybe make a production run via eMachineShop.com or somesuch.

Archived