Minus 1 (Degrees C)

Woodie

• Member Contributer

Minus one on the dash this morning, frost on the seat and had to scrape the mirrors clean... hit Minus three on the back roads, if this keeps up I may have to turn the heated grips on and get the thermals out !:goofy:

Anyone else out there still riding through the cold..

IMG_20171117_074907.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yes.

Hovering around the 0°C mark on my commute this morning (that's 36°F to the colonials :goofy: - metric is soooo much easier).

I just wore a tee-shirt though....and my heated jacket.    :beer:  

• Member Contributer

not quite that burrbee here{Vanc Isl, Canukistan} yet, but willB very soon

salt has reared its ugly head tho

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Skids said:

Yes.

Hovering around the 0°C mark on my commute this morning (that's 36°F to the colonials :goofy: - metric is soooo much easier).

I just wore a tee-shirt though....and my heated jacket.    :beer:  

Apparently metric is easier...0C is 32F, not 36F...?.   That said, it's time to get out the heated gear here in SoCal too.  It got below 60F (that's 15.5556 C) this week...?.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Marsman99 said:

Apparently metric is easier...0C is 32F, not 36F...?.   That said, it's time to get out the heated gear here in SoCal too.  It got below 60F (that's 15.5556 C) this week...?.

Proves my point!  :goofy:

• Member Contributer

We've had a mild November so far. This time last year, my bike was telling me it was -8° so I'm happy to see positive numbers this year

• Member Contributer
On 11/17/2017 at 7:23 AM, Skids said:

I see MPH on that display. Old habits die hard across the pond as well. 

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

What can you spray on the rims and underside of the bike to protect from salt corrosion? WD40?

Enviado desde mi m2 note mediante Tapatalk

I use a combination of ACF50, painted on bolts/nuts & exposed corrodible spots with a cut-down paintbrush and FS365, which is sprayed on the engine and frame from the bottle. The latter may suit your requirements above.

• Member Contributer

Yikes - Global warming gone wrong!! Funny, grew up with Fahrenheit, MPH, Gallons and stuff like an inch and 17/64ths. Man I just can't tell you how simple and brilliant the Metric system is. Come on America jump on board!!!!

Cheers.

• Member Contributer
On November 19, 2017 at 10:06 PM, Grum said:

Yikes - Global warming gone wrong!! Funny, grew up with Fahrenheit, MPH, Gallons and stuff like an inch and 17/64ths. Man I just can't tell you how simple and brilliant the Metric system is. Come on America jump on board!!!!

Cheers.

No chance, we're going to make the US Customary System "great again"!

• Member Contributer

Recalling going to a butcher shop for the first time after having moved to Scotland in 89. Asking for 300 gramm minced meat I got a blank gaze "aye , wot is da in ounces pal?" :-)

PS: on my travels in the USA I never saw a butcher shop. Do they still exist where yous live?

Luckiky we have one still; if I want pig cheek (for erwtensoep) or pork belly (for porchetta), I have to go on Monday. That is when he "processes" half a pig. Come tuesday, it will be in sausage.. :-)

• Member Contributer

It'll be 92F here for Thanksgiving (that's 33.3333C in those "simple" metric units) ...told the relatives to wear t-shirts, flip-flops, shorts and bring sun block.  Maybe I'll BBQ the turkey? ? ?

• Member Contributer

A balmy 12 Degrees C today. almost rode to work in jeans. 

On 11/20/2017 at 6:06 AM, Grum said:

Cheers.

I did too but never did get the hang of it. That being said I still think of distance in miles, and fuel in gallons. and as for building products, you buy 6mm ply in sheets 5foot by 8foot... DOH!

• Member Contributer
58 minutes ago, Woodie said:

A balmy 12 Degrees C today. almost rode to work in jeans. 

I did too but never did get the hang of it. That being said I still think of distance in miles, and fuel in gallons. and as for building products, you buy 6mm ply in sheets 5foot by 8foot... DOH!

Yeah, but the likes of you and I are dinosaurs. :goofy:

I work in litres rather than gallons as fuel is dispensed in litres and the readouts on modern dashes are in litres too. 

Archived