Rear Wheel Lug Nuts - Source?

Willy

Question

• Member Contributer

Guys, I'm in the process of cleaning up a used 6th Gen. I need a new set of lug nuts. These appear to be rather unique in terms of the radius where it mates with the wheel casting. Am I stuck with chromed Honda OEM? Or are there sources out there with compatible specs? I've done a search here on VFRD and too many hits on "nuts" with no results. Also looked at eBay but lots of mangled used bits. Any suggestions?  THANKS!

9 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, Willy said:

Guys, I'm in the process of cleaning up a used 6th Gen. I need a new set of lug nuts. These appear to be rather unique in terms of the radius where it mates with the wheel casting. Am I stuck with chromed Honda OEM? Or are there sources out there with compatible specs? I've done a search here on VFRD and too many hits on "nuts" with no results. Also looked at eBay but lots of mangled used bits. Any suggestions?  THANKS!

My recollection is that these are the same as found on some of the Honda cars. One member had grabbed some off of eBay, I believe and they worked out just fine. I recall buying 2 sets of black lug nuts from a member here as well but I'd have to go through my PMs to see if I can find the info as to where he got them from. Otherwise, I do have the chrome OEM ones if you're interested in them. Like the PMs though, I'd have to go dig them up as well.

• Member Contributer

Duc - I saw those on eBay. They do look as though they have the same radius mating surface. I'll order a set and have a close look. I think they would work. If so - then I'll have some extras I can offer up to others. I'll repost after I receive them. THX!

• Member Contributer

Picked these up at Pep Boys in case anyone else is thinking of doing this mod

064754DD-ECD8-43EE-B379-C976D21CD64A.jpeg

B236CF5C-2019-4D31-9F4F-8C3F74B8B191.jpeg

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Picked these up at Pep Boys in case anyone else is thinking of doing this mod

064754DD-ECD8-43EE-B379-C976D21CD64A.jpeg

B236CF5C-2019-4D31-9F4F-8C3F74B8B191.jpeg

I really like the look of your wheel. First of all, I like the black lugs. And I'd like to know where you got the hub center VFR cover. 

• Member Contributer

I think those centers were from Thurn, that's where I got mine. Stupid expensive considering what they consist of. Seems like they

were around $50.

CenterPlug.jpg

• Member Contributer

These appear to be rather unique in terms of the radius where it mates with the wheel casting.

They are standard Honda lug nuts but BALL SEAT  not conical. There is a difference.  Conical are a lot more commonplace. 

If you want some black ones I have a bag full of 'em. Bought 20, used 4, so I have spares.  PM me and I can send you a set.

They are steel, powder coated. Seem durable. I've had the wheel off twice and reused mine without stripping off the color.

• Member Contributer

Guys thanks! All of the Honda lugs I've found on eBay have been conical. I had not yet had time to head to an auto parts store to find a match. Moose - I will PM you to work out something reasonable to pick up four of your surplus. Thanks! One problem solved - 50 to go. 

Cheers!

Archived