Why a red Guzzi?

You may have asked (I realize nobody asked) why I have a 1980 Moto Guzzi 1000sp. Well, I'll tell you.

Because Guzzis  are very groovy and collectable. The model I have was introduced to compete with the first real (argueably)sport-touring bike, the BMW R100RS. It is in my opinion, the VFR of its day. Quick, but not a world beater, comfy, great handling and good at what it does. You can ride this bike to Alaska and since it is 90% the same As a LeMans, it can scratch too.

So if you will allow, I thought I would chronicle my time with this Italian bird. I rescued it from a cafe conversion, and I am almost done putting it back to stock.

Let me know your thoughts.

20171111_151511.jpg

• Member Contributer

First off I love your MotoGuzzi. They are so authentic and purpose built. I look at the V11 sports lustifully and think one day when the kids are all finished with college and moved out I will have one in my garage next to several other bikes like KTM Adventure, my VFR and a rotating spot for sporty track bike. Looking forward to more on this one

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Very, very nice bike!!! Love the look of the engine. And the different style. How do they ride?!?!? How is that engine? Suspension?? I bet it turns heads everywhere you go!! C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived