Yet another newbie

Rodzone

• Member Contributer

Welcome, and congrat's on finding such a tidy, low mileage 6th gen. And with matching panniers. Good to have another member from Oz.

Very nice. Looks a dark red.

Does Honda send you a different red down under, or is it just the lighting?

Congrats, enjoy. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from the northern hemisphere!!

Nice bike to have, u taking it over to Godzone? :goofy:

Went for a ride with my wife for 140 kms. Lots of twisties and high speed bits.  Bike was great to ride, very comfortable, way better than I expected as I started off with old man's shoulder and thought I would get a fair bit of pain.  Nothing, the overall position is so good it doesn't affect my shoulder, even a little bit.

Got home and did the PAIR, flapper and snorkel thing.   Test rode.  Sounds slightly better due to the rubber snorkel being gone, rides more smoothly and accelerates and I think decelerates better.   Hard to believe but seat of the pants says it is so. It has to be some sort of an improvement in the signal to the ECM.  30 minutes slow work and an improvement worth a thousand bucks.

• Member Contributer

600 KMS? really on a sixth Gen... that's not even delivery mileage.. OH NO I am not Jealous, No not at all...

• Member Contributer

Welcome Rodzone, from a fellow Victorian.

Thats a superb looking Candy Red, what year is it. I think that colour went from 2009 to when the 8gen was introduced ? And where did you buy it from.

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers.

Grum

Hey Grum

It's a 2010, ex dealer.  Original owner didn't ride it for years after losing licence - must have hoped for a classic!  Everything seems to be maintained and in good order.

Rod

Archived