Sebspeed Clutch Window Mod Group Buy 2017

SEBSPEED

Question

I am once again starting a run of parts. I need 10 people minimum to commit to get this run going, more are welcome!

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 10 buyers to take advantage, plus FREE RETURN SHIPPING in the USA! (if you're outside the USA, I will mark down your total shipping by $13.60)

If we get 15 people to commit I'll knock another 5% off!

This offer covers all generations of VF & VFR. If you are a VF/VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike! Fits other bikes also, please ask about fitments!

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me
2. A total payment of $250 via PayPal

Turn around time will be 1-2 weeks max, usually faster.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Make down payment of 50%
2. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover (I can help with this)
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services personally, but I can help with some recommendations if needed.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/&

Please also check out my Facebook page @SebspeedCustoms & also on Instagram

Thanks for looking!

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, Courtier said:

There's never a good time to *need* a new clutch cover, or a set of fairings, but wow this group buy is coming at a good time after a recent low speed incident.  *sniff, sniff* . Count me in.

1. ZCD76

2. 65matt

3. CrazyTuner

4. Hendo

5. Courtier

Thanks! Sorry to hear about your off.

1 hour ago, jhenley17 said:

Just out of curiosity, does the factory finish outside of the cutout get damaged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I have to remove a portion of the finish to allow for welding my new part to your cover. This does add a bit of time and cost to the finished product, but, it makes for a good solid finished product which has been proven to stand up to some abuse. Welding the part on reinforces the cover in a vulnerable area and adds a layer of protection via the replaceable outer ring.

You may choose to finish the cover yourself, or I can get a powdercoat quote for you if you're interested.

I am so close to signing up for this... just sourced an entire engine for $100 CDN. Now to sell the idea to the Mrs. Seb, what is shipping like to Canada so I can estimate all costs minus powder or paint. If you need any particulars just PM me. Thx in advance!

1 hour ago, Lightduty said:

I am so close to signing up for this... just sourced an entire engine for $100 CND. Now to sell the idea to the Mrs. Seb, what is shipping like to Canada so I can estimate all costs minus powder or paint. If you need any particulars just PM me. Thx in advance!

Hello, shipping cost will depend on your location, could be $20-60. I'm in NY, so the farther west you are, the more it costs. As mentioned, international shipping will be discounted with this group buy, something to consider.

Thanks, 

Seb

Hello, shipping cost will depend on your location, could be $20-60. I'm in NY, so the farther west you are, the more it costs. As mentioned, international shipping will be discounted with this group buy, something to consider.

Thanks, 
Seb

Ok thanks, I’m just north of Toronto so it shouldn’t be outrageous. I will respond soon.

Thanks,
Jamie

Are you familiar with the 86 vfr covers? Has a weird fake magnesium coating and i think is slightly different internally than the later ones... I'll try to source one to send your way though and figure out powdercoating later, count me in.

6 hours ago, atx said:

Are you familiar with the 86 vfr covers? Has a weird fake magnesium coating and i think is slightly different internally than the later ones... I'll try to source one to send your way though and figure out powdercoating later, count me in.

Thanks! Yes, I am familiar and have done one already. I recently saw a post about finding a pc that matched original, may have been on facebook. It didn't look quite right to me, but that could have been attributed to the lighting in the pics.

2 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

Thanks! Yes, I am familiar and have done one already. I recently saw a post about finding a pc that matched original, may have been on facebook. It didn't look quite right to me, but that could have been attributed to the lighting in the pics.

Found an old post by you that mentions a particular powder actually, not quite right when dark but looks good in the light. I'm sure I can find something...

Any chance for a pic of the 86-87 with the clear cover? I don't think i've come across that yet...

1 hour ago, atx said:

Any chance for a pic of the 86-87 with the clear cover? I don't think i've come across that yet...

I wish I had one I could share. I haven't received pictures of the finished install yet. I shipped it to Denmark, I'm sure it will surface soon.

• Member Contributer
On 2017-12-13 at 9:50 AM, Lightduty said:

I am so close to signing up for this... just sourced an entire engine for $100 CDN. Now to sell the idea to the Mrs. Seb, what is shipping like to Canada so I can estimate all costs minus powder or paint. If you need any particulars just PM me. Thx in advance!

Hey Lightduty

when I got my cover from Seb a few years back, the shipping from Seb in NY to myself in BC was about US $25 if I recall correctly.  Costs might have gone up a bit since I had mine done, but shipping to Ontario shouldn’t be too bad at all.

Hi Seb,

Lurker here but I've always liked the look of these so I'm definitely interested!

On 12/20/2017 at 2:37 PM, Lightduty said:

I forgot to add that I will have an extra cover if anyone wants to join the list, It is off a 2003.

Any chance you still have the extra cover available and does anybody know if a 2003 cover will fit a 2008 model?

Cheers!

Hi Seb,

Lurker here but I've always liked the look of these so I'm definitely interested!

Any chance you still have the extra cover available and does anybody know if a 2003 cover will fit a 2008 model?

Cheers!

Hi Aekom, I have the clutch cover that is currently on my bike and the extra that I planned on shipping down to Seb for the mod. I haven’t listed it yet on eBay.

• Member Contributer

I have an "extra" clutch cover available, as well. I am not trying to undercut Lightduty or anything like that, so I would defer to him.

If anybody is in need of a cover to have Sebastian window while they still have their bike together, let me know. I can ship Seb both that I have for windowing (whenever the minimum number is met) and you can merely Paypal me the money for the purchase price of the cover. 

• Member Contributer

I am interested as well. I have a 2010 VFR1200. Will send a PM. How soon do you want the down-payment? 

My son has a 1997 Suzuki Bandit. Can you do a window on those as well? if so, how much? 

Thanks, Paul 

• Member Contributer
Hello Paul, thanks for your PM. I can do the Bandit cover for the same price, if it is a hydraulic clutch model.

I will request funds once we have 10 commits. 
Ok. Nevermind. It's a cable operated clutch on the Bandit.
I'm still interested in the cover for the vfr1200f
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Archived