BMW reply to the Goldwing??

fink

• Member Contributer

Google translate the Dutch word bagger and you will see what I think of this bike... :-)

"Americans want big, brash bikes and the ability to charge down arrow-straight roads..."

Uhh, we do? Hey guys, did you know about this? I guess that explains why I absolutely hated my two years in Japan, ripping around mountain twisties on my 250. Oh man, I feel like an idiot now. I really just wanted straight roads and an 800 pound bike all along! -___-

• Member Contributer

Limited to 101 mph :wacko: , cause it´s so a piece of shit :goofy:

Infuriatingly, however, BMW has speed-limited the bike to just 101 mph because of what it calls “the principle of the American Way of Riding.” It would be far less insulting for the company to simply acknowledge that a topbox can impact wheel load distribution and thereby have a negative effect on riding dynamics, stability, and safety, and leave it at that.

Oh, I forgot about the top box. I hit 140 with mine yesterday. Weird. 

Sadly, I think they're right. Listening to guys at work bench racing, upset that the new Mustang has IRS because such a HUGE percentage of them have even been to the strip, or pretty much everybody asking me how fast my bike will go, or how I need a "real" bike that weighs 800 pounds and can achieve a whopping 20 degrees of lean angle. Anyways, it's still pretty insulting. 

Much modified Victory (engine) is a sweet ride with cruise, heated seats, grips, adjustable windscreen and lots of other fruit.  Big bikes actually ride like other bikes.  500km range and 4 hours in the saddle no problem.  Ride in winter, rain, whatever.  Do the shopping etc.  Our new VFR has our interest at the moment but both will get used and we are looking at for another bike too.  It's just like comparing a Cadillac to a MX5.IMGP4186.thumb.JPG.8068a3b5da6eee9d1c306b3bddb03380.JPG

Archived