VFRD Spring Ride 2018 - INFO

The event formally known as Texas Mac - and now called the VFRD Spring Ride - has some details ready for the 2018 version:

Pinched from Bob Ealy Facebook page:

VFRD 2018 SPRING RIDE announcement:

We will be riding from the Microtel Inn, Franklin NC, May 17-20.
Plan to ride Thursday -Friday -Saturday. Dinner and Door Prizes will be Sat. evening. Golden beverage and festivities will be in our private parking /event space out back1f44d.png?.

Room rates for VFRD People are $69 Sun -Thurs and $89 Fri-Sat nights(+tax.) Please tell them u are with VFRD when booking.
To be sure u have a room call sooner than later!!!!
They have given us great rates....normally $99 and $129...also renovations are completed and the facility is much improved.
Rates are good pre and post ride dates. So come early and stay later.

Please consider contributing to door prizes- the more the merrier!!!
The cost for this year's great event is $50 per rider. More info to come on making payment.

More details to come,
Thanks, Ben&Bob

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheerleader:

I haven't even replaced my tires from the Fall Tour and this is already up!  So much to look forward to.

Thanks Bob and Ben.

• Member Contributer

Hot diggity! I hope to make it. Thank you for thinking about this so early. Costs, venue and "entertainment" just like the old days. It will be a long winter.

I'm planning to be at this event with a new rider - my son, Matthew.   He'll be on his Cbr300R and looking for lots of guidance from you miscreants!   

• 1 month later...

Planning on attending this (my first) event travelling from GTA and would be interested in sharing the road time down or contributing to trailer.  PM me , thank you from frozen Toronto area. 

JayJay

On 12/27/2017 at 11:49 AM, JayJay said:

Planning on attending this (my first) event travelling from GTA and would be interested in sharing the road time down or contributing to trailer.  PM me , thank you from frozen Toronto area. 

JayJay

PM sent.

1 hour ago, Sweeper said:

Is it about time for that diesel pusher Rob?  The Kanadian Express!

I like that idea.  The Kanuckistan Escape Express.

• Member Contributer

I'm in!! just got my work calendar for 2018 and I'm clear for the ride. Putting in vacation request tomorrow and making hotel reservations.  On a side note, how do I get the 2017 ride logo in my page? **Oh yea, Thanks Ben and Bob, Where do I send my $50 to? I also have some door prizes If you could PM me as to where to ship them and if they would be appropriate.

Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, crakerjac said:

Is there anymore details on this?  Is there a 2018 TMAC thread I should be looking for?

The info in the first post is still correct.  Book a room, you won't be sorry. Don't worry about the sign up, somebody will put the sign up info in here soon. 

• Member Contributer

Ben said he was gonna post a new thread this past Tuesday, but I suppose he got busy. The cost is gonna be split up between the event and the shirts. The main event will be $35. and the shirts will be @ $15. As soon as I get the shirt design done I’ll post the ordering link up in the appropriate thread. 

Here’s the link to pay for the $35 event fee. https://paypal.me/pools/c/7ZEn4hID60

For the new folks - the $35 goes toward refreshments such as beer/ice and I believe the dinner on Saturday night. https://paypal.me/pools/c/7ZEn4hID60

The t-shirts will be a separate sign up and are $15.  I believe Jason is managing that portion and as he mentioned, he'll post up a sign up link for that when he's got the design done. 

Most people arrive Friday and depart Sunday.   Quite a few arrive much earlier and ride all over the area. 

This event was created by Baileyrock as a memorial ride and gathering to honour a vfrd member and friend of his (Texasmac) that passed away many years ago.   Because of this event, many new friends have been connected, experiences shared, and people with a love for VFR's and motorcycling have gotten together. 

You wont meet a nicer group of people - (and many are crazy)- anywhere!!

Just published the Rev.1 Spring Memorial PRE-Ride Itinerary in

2018 PRE-Ride to the Spring Memorial Ride

as a topic in the Rider Groups - Ride Planning / USA - South section.

Exactly the same as last year - but better.  Held a day later and on a different route.  Alright, might qualify as slightly different then.

If you are down to Franklin early for the Spring Ride and want to be well on the way to burn off a set of tires over the entire week this will get you started.

• Member Contributer

Checking schedule and fundage! Would be my first. Been trying to make it to one of these for how many years??? Lol

25 minutes ago, NorthernVFRDave said:

I've book the time off work.. Just trying to make sure the boat goes in the water early enought to have it looked after before this event.

Just drill a hole in the bottom and let it take care of itself. :goofy:

Sorry, yes I have had a boat.

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, NorthernVFRDave said:

I've book the time off work.. Just trying to make sure the boat goes in the water early enought to have it looked after before this event.

Off Topic:

I raced a beach catamaran for 26 years. I learned that a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour a bunch of money into until it sinks. And yes, I have been sunk. In Corpus Christi Bay during a National Championship regatta. By my best friend. Fifty boats on the starting line and he runs into me and cuts a hull in two.:mad:

Archived