Help me convince myself to buy an 8th gen

HumalogAddict

With the demise of the 750 class, we won't be seeing that. Suzuki are saints for keeping the Gix 750 going, I don't know why they do it. With more racing teams going for V4s and crossplane I4s, though, maybe we can expect some motor sharing for a light touring 1000 in the future?

Also a dead horse, but with Ducati going to V4, my hope is a little renewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suzuki is committed to the 750 class.  They just updated and released their GSX-S750 naked sportbike.

In a way it's a good competitor to the Yamaha FZ9, Triumph Street Triple 675, and the Honda CBR650F.  

It's really the 600 class that is languishing lately.  My guess is because of the above displacement class:  below the price and power of the 1,000 cc's but well above the power of a 600 class sportbike.  

Sorry, I meant as a racing class, something that would give us a hotter motor. It's still there on the club level, but not the national/international level. Maybe with all the street bike coming out in that range, Honda dropping the 600RR, and everyone else only giving 600s modest updates (a 10-year-old bike still has no huge deficiencies racing against brand-new machines), racing will move back that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 10/31/2017 at 5:41 PM, DriverDave said:

Based on all of this knowledge and my own full understanding of the system and its real world experience, I feel that everyone that knocks or hates the VFR's Linked brakes are wrong (just my opinion).  I think they are brilliant, and work exactly as they were designed...until it's time to bleed the system, then they kinda suck :wink:

Not unfair.  Cool stuff for the most part, until it's time to maintain it, or until you find yourself switching to and from bikes that don't have this feature.  And it could be a little, well, superfluous to those of us who have spent the last half million miles or so learning (hopefully, LOL) to use their right hand and/or their right foot in proper coordination for the situation at hand.  For n00bs, probably kind of awesome.

Archived