Project R LED light installation

• Member Contributer

Received my set of Project R LED lights today, easy installation, here are some pictures, before and after.

A pretty quick change out, it took me about 1 hour.  I am certain I am saving amperage, the rear turns are very bright as is the rear light (small light underneath is a different deal, a Lin 3 emergency vehicle light), the front signals retain a stock bulb, can"t say I know why unless it has to do with loading the flasher.

Set was about 300 shipped from England and took 6 days to get here, very pleased I am.

DSC_0902.JPG

DSC_0903.JPG

DSC_0906.JPG

DSC_0909.JPG

• Member Contributer

I got it from eBay, called "Project R"  guy named Jon, he has these for many bikes.

I just sent him a link to VFR D I am hoping he stops in

• Member Contributer

The box says they came from White Lights, the clear alternative.

http://www.whitelights.eu/index.php/cat/c190_VFR-750.html/XTCsid/i6v5otrsn7v1fpi2ed6ck3pd44

Guy from Project R in England was very easy to deal with and I had the set in 6 days.

I'll stick there I think, price was not pumped up.

I have the clear lenses on my 93. They freshen the bike up a lot. Been sitting on buying the brake light so might pull the trigger on that in the new year. Looks great.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:14 PM, Lannyl81 said:

I almost got these as well...but was concerned about how bright the red brake light is during the day when in full sun.  Any comments on that?

It's LED, it's gonna be brighter than the 20+ year old standard bulbs

Archived