Frame Sliders?

Rodento

Greetings,

I have been doing some research into frame sliders. I don't want to cut anything and can't seem to find an advantage in doing so. So "No cut frame sliders" it is. The question is does anyone have experience with T-Rex Racing company? If so what do you all thing of "T-Rex Racing 2003-2017 Honda VFR800 Interceptor Vtech No Cut Frame Front and Rear sliders? http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=964 Is it important/worth getting the Axle sliders or should I save the $100 and get the kit that doesn't have them? Are there better No cut frame sliders? 

Thanks for your time and attention in the matter
Ro

71LK0YNKxCL._SL1500_.jpg

• Member Contributer

My understanding is that no-cut sliders aren't mounted as solidly so sometimes cause more damage in a spill. 

For instance, they might bend the fairing bracket they sit on during a crash, forcing it into a radiator or something. It will, of course, bin your fairing instantly. 

The VFR is too heavy for sliders on fairing brackets. A lighter bike might survive a static drop with that setup but not the VFR. At speed you don't stand a chance. 

As for axle sliders I often wonder if they are useful. Firstly, does the fork bottom out if you lay your bike down? Does the rear axle? What about all that unsparing weight you're adding? 

Just a few thoughts. 

Stray

Well, I went for it and installed them.  Heard on another forum that they had helped some folks during mishaps.  That bracket is pretty darn beefy and no-one had any tales of brackets smashing into anything. Actually the opposite was true I had many responses that said it had saved them from damage.  However as I think about this I may not have been clear what I was looking at them for. I do not (as of now) take her to a track, and was thinking about low speed slides or maybe a parked fall. It has been 25 years since I had anything on the "sporty" side.  I love this bike I just wish it would quit raining so I could go out and rack up some miles.

Ro

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

• Like 1

Looks nice Ro.  Sorry I missed your post until now.  I have the same T-Rex pucks on the side of my 06'.  They went on in less than 15 minutes.  As you found out, they do not mount to fairing brackets and are quite substantial.  I would still agree with others in a hard high speed mishaps they may or may not cause more damage.  But for what you (and myself) intend, I think they will prevent damage in a low speed parking lot or garage type tip over.

I did not purchase the full kit.  How was the fit of the front and rear axle pucks?

The only mirror dislike I have, is after riding my main bike (ZX14), when I get on the VFR for the first few stops, I whack my shin against the side puck.  After a few times I finally remember it's there.  Must be something with my Corbin seat position, my height, or my style.