Rear-sets - looking for aftermarket CNC

Straycat

I think the best bet would be late model GSXR parts honestly. They are very compact, as in the footpeg is located very close to the mount holes where in contrast the Honda parts have larger spacing. That works out better for adjustability on the VF, down side is the angle of the MC is all wrong. I'm worried the GSXR m/cyl might hit the subframe. Might be able to adjust the footpegs outboard enough to clear? 

I was looking at 08+ GSXR stuff on ebay, have a peek yourself and tell me what you think?

• Member Contributer

The right one will be the trickier of the two for sure.  The frame in that area does start angling in at the master cylinder, so there is some room for an oddly placed master

large.20171231_102323.jpg.90e0456c1535ed

large.20171231_102316.jpg.7ef4db00c9121c

And they could be spaced out some.  You can see how far out my pegs ended up being after the adapter plate and the pivot style footpeg bracket.  It felt wider than stock, but not uncomfortable or weird.

Wow, yeah, looking at that last pic makes me think the GSXR stuff will work. That's got to be a solid 3" between the frame and Tarozzi peg location? 

There's only one way to find out for certain!

• Member Contributer

Approx 45mm from the upper tab surface to the outside surface of the Tarozzi plate.   About 65mm to the outside of the brake pedal where the clevis starts.  It would be nice to keep it around the 45mm area (or less of course).

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, SEBSPEED said:

The trouble with those CBR parts is that they all set the peg about 4" behind the mounts. So you're already in Tarozzi territory and don't have much room to go up & back

Yeah I see that.  Little concerned how high, forward and outboard the master cylinder is located on the GSXR stuff, but that might be just the ticket to avoid interfering with something else for some adjustability.  And we know there's a shitte-tonne of Gixxer stuff out there to choose from.  I guess I just prefer using Honda stuff on a Honda, even if it is aftermarket, but that's my hang-up.  Whatever works best for this application is the best choice.

I understand. I'd like to stick with Honda stuff too but it doesn't seem to be well suited in this case. 

If it makes you feel any better, I have a 1990 GSXR750 that's sporting a Katana 1100 motor, 929 forks, 1100XX swingarm, CBR wheels and CBR shock :D 

Edit: and 929 rearsets!! lol

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, SEBSPEED said:

I understand. I'd like to stick with Honda stuff too but it doesn't seem to be well suited in this case. 

If it makes you feel any better, I have a 1990 GSXR750 that's sporting a Katana 1100 motor, 929 forks, 1100XX swingarm, CBR wheels and CBR shock :D 

Somehow it does.  :) 

Archived