This one or that one ?

RVFR

I'm in a pickle of sorts,  a friend of mine has the ability to re work photos in a way that's pretty cool I think. He did a couple for me,  now I need to pick one. what say you.  

1 blackvfr.jpg

1 ghostvfr.jpg

I'm with Duc and Rogue - top pic.  Can he lighten up the background just a tad so the edges of the front tire are a little more distinct?  I think that looks man-cave/garage worthy!  :)

Thanks guys for your input,  yea, I was leaning with the black one as well. but the way it was looking coming out of what looks like to me  fog  had me going I like that too  just the back ground has to much white.   I had a chat with him last night and he is going to work with the black version, clean up the wheels & tires, back ground to a more dark wispy dark smoke gray lightening it up, then cleaning up some of the holes.  Can't wait to see this version, He's a pretty talented guy.  

Go with the top, highlight the edge of the front tire, as he has done with the rear tire, and also edge highlight using the same technique under the body fairing, very subtle.  And, most important, tone down the area between your right arm and the tank, as that draws attention bringing the eyes focus to that area away from the you and the bike, maybe off-tone read in that area instead of the brown/tan.  Great photo and really nice art work.  I like it.

I seem to be alone in liking the white-background version. 

When I imagine both of these pictures matted and framed and hanging on a wall during every day life in somebody's home, I like the white version better. 

Maybe it's because the white version has a friendlier, real-life-experience sort of feel and a less of the overtly "bad-ass" tone to it.  (this sort of thing ages better on the wall in your home.  I know from experience living/working in the world of piloting airplanes in both the military and a major airline.  the ultra-bad-assed pictures end up in the closet but the friendlier, happier, more personally accessible ones stay on the wall).

Ya know I have to agree with what you said, just might have to get both versions,  one for the garage office, and one for the bedroom. 

Actually it's a work in progress from what I've gathered.  I've only just got this from FB posts what he's up too. Now the trick is getting the word out in what he does. I've seen action photos were they've been re touched up. His version IMO seem to me a bit unique and edgy.  Yea he says he'd love to be able to get is work out there being seen.  Here's his web site     https://actionillustrations.com/

• Member Contributer

I'm kind of with Greg on this one.  I like both photos but when spending a bit of time really looking at both photos I found something interesting.  If I spend time staring at both photos, I noted that in the top photo my eyes spent time focusing from the background to the bike and back as the black background is quite over powering IMHO.  In the second photo the only thing really in the picture is the real "Subject" of the photo, THE BIKE AND RIDER.

I think the second one would look better framed as it would go anywhere and do well against any color background wall.

• Member Contributer

That artist is quite talented. Personally I like the top one. I would not mind that hanging in my office or my work space in the garage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Too one for sure. BUT, we need to see a picture of it on the wall when it is all set up in that man cave.
Ride safe,
Christian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived