Buell XBR lowering pegs

JoelF

Hi all,

Wanting a little more legroom on my 2000 I added some Buell XBR pegs, kit # N006.1AD (Under $40 shipped from New Castle HD in PA, USA)

The mounting area needs to be narrowed about 1mm total, take some material off both sides.  The pin hole is also overly large but I doubt this is a problem.  The stock pin and spring works fine.  The sidestand is clear.  I rotated the shifter a bit and dropped the brake pedal to max.  It seems OK.  I'm generally used to reaching up a bit for the rear brake so I may not want more drop on it.

Cheers,

-Joel.

IMG_20171018_190730177.jpg

Update:  I do want to lower the rear brake pedal a good bit more.  This may involve grinding the locknut down to reduce it's height and shortening the threaded rod a bit.

The brake light switch will need to be adjusted.  

• Member Contributer

I'm surprised these are still available.  I'm using the Buell Ulysses pegs on my 6th gen. They fit without mods, and I was able to adjust the rear brake without any mods, either. 

Thanks!  It looks like my pedal was a bit bent so I heated and bent it to something that looks more correct.  It might be OK now without creating more range on the adjuster.  As per the PO my bike has been knocked over both ways and has the scars to prove it, so that makes sense.

Archived