Seat fit 2010 1200

Ridem32

Just got a nice used 2010 1200 with about 650 miles on it. PO bought it brand new. He put a Corbin seat on it with a color matched rear compartment. I just ordered me a new Honda OEM rear trunk. So I put the OEM rear rack on it and installed the OEM seat ( Corbin seat fit perfectly) the OEM seat has a gap between the gas tank and the seat. Don't look normal to me. Let me know what you think a0809302105a8f8993d5edca3798ba4a.jpg17e185e8aa35182dd96e5c4439f459ec.jpg86bc347c2b1365c253e7454e25d31d3e.jpg626c159c41033961aa1df2b6b43fc3b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks and sounds backwards to mine.  My Corbin fits snug up against the tank and it will latch under its own weight.

My Corbin fits against my tank and just falls into place with its on weight also. But my stock see is not a good fit as you can see in the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I've been investigating seat options and I see on the Corbin website the smuggler is no longer available fo the VFR1200.  Not that it matters at this point (cause I wouldn't be able to obtain it if I wanted to), I am curious about how the Corbin seat with smuggler looked. Post one if you have one (please?)  I looked at threads gone by that dealt with the subject, but no links to any photos are still active.

On a related note, I see that the only option at the Corbin site is a seat that contains an option for a "glove box" which could very well replace the tail bag that I have on the back of my 1200 right now.  One has the option to get it color matched too.  The VFR is different things to different people, and I could never see myself getting a huge trunk fastened to the back of my bike. It's just not my thing. That said, I NEED some sort of storage, and if I could get an alternative to my tail bag that looked good, I would be pretty psyched.

http://corbin.com/accessories/glovebox.shtml

• 4 weeks later...

My 2010 stock seat gaps just as badly at the front and even worse in back! Terrible for oem Honda! I bought the Corbin seat with backrest and glove box when the bike was almost new. Let me be clear...I HATE Corbin! If I could have found any other option for a backrest (besides a top case) anywhere in the world, I would not have a Corbin now. Their customer service just might be the worst in the industry, but I digress. With all that said, I returned the glove box, as it was the cheapest piece of junk you could imagine. Looked like a $50 J.C.Whitney item and couldn't possibly have kept rain out. After having to send the seat back once for a re-do (apparently they were not listening at all to my original request), it's pretty comfortable, fits the bike well, and the wife really appreciates the backrest. During the remake, they reshaped the foam without modifying the cover to match, so it doesn't look quite right, but sits well. Did I mention I hate Corbin? For the record, I've had Corbin seats on four of my bikes. Their C/S really does suck.

D Dave

Archived