RC24 Hindle photos? Yoshimura full system?

CharlieFoxtrot

I just bought a 4 into 1 system on eBay.  It's advertised as a Yoshimura, but unless someone confirms Yosh actually made such a thing, I'll assume it's a Hindle with a Yosh can.  Hoping someone can give me the info one way or the other.

Thanks

kevin

• Member Contributer

There were very few "full" systems made for the RC24/26 as the bike already had individual stainless header pipes going to the rear muffler sections.  Yoshimura and Kerker were very popular 4 into 1 rear sections utilizing the stock headers.

I'm not sure I've even seen a Hindle system for that bike.  I happen to have a Kerker (pretty sure) unit with a Sudco canister on my RC26.

Hindle/Sudco/Holeshot were very often the exact same units with different badges.

I used to have a Hindle for an RC24, and I foolishly sold it because I was sure I wanted stock or near-stock noise levels and two-muffler styling.  I also used to have a Supertrapp set, which I sold because I was sure I wanted stock mufflers.

So now, whatever this system is, I have it.  I also have a Yosh slip-on, which BTW is a 4-into-2-into-1, as I'm pretty sure most (if not all) of the 1-muffler slip-ons were..  And I have stock mufflers.  And I have some spare pieces to make a 2-muffler setup with aftermarket cans when I feel creative.  If only I had another set of Supertrapps, my world would be complete....

Oh, and if I had a high right exit Two-Bros full system for my RC36....

• Member Contributer

Excuse me, you are correct, mine is 4-2-1, as they all are.

I have also replicated the small bend from the Kerker 2 muffler slip on system to utilize the stock muffler crossover tubing and use 2 silencers of choice.

• Member Contributer

That is a pretty unique 4 into 1, I don't recognize it, but it looks Yoshimura style.  

When you have the canister off, inspect the rivets holding the front piece onto the tailpipe and see if it looks like an original install.

Looks a bit like this exhaust:

gallery_880_2573_548.jpg

Different endcan thro

HRC exhaust looks different:

1987_Rainey.jpg.2157a9233780ea2528a23cbebee555e3.jpg

Thanks for those pics, Keny!  The HRC exhaust on Wayne's bike is a 4-2-1.  I had a friend years ago who had a left-exit HRC on his 87.  I didn't care for the sound at all...

The Sudco on Chuck's bike is supposed to be the same as the Hindle that I used to have, and the Holeshot exhaust.  Looking at that pic and the pics of my Hindle, I'm still inclined to believe my mystery exhaust started out as a Hindle/Sudco/Holeshot.  I suspect the chrome pipe between the collector and the muffler, which slips on, was replaced by a welded pipe and the Yosh can.

I think I'll email Yosh and see if they ever made a header for the RC24.  (if anybody remembers, and if anybody answers...)

On 10/15/2017 at 12:34 PM, Captain 80s said:

I have also replicated the small bend from the Kerker 2 muffler slip on system to utilize the stock muffler crossover tubing and use 2 silencers of choice.

Captain-   Can you post a pic of that?  Thanks!

Mike Velasco made a complete system for the Gen1 (RC15) bikes. Not sure if he did a Gen2 though. Ray Plumb at Honda might have a clue.    Regards, Chase

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, CharlieFoxtrot said:

Awesome!!  Thanks George!!!  I think that conclusively proves my new exhaust is a Hindle with a Yosh can added. 

How?

Well, as definitively as you can get from photos on the internet...  Look at George's photo, and imagine laying each of those parts up against the pipe in my pics.  I believe you will find, imaginarily, that they match perfectly.  So it's either a Hindle/Sudco/Holeshot, or a copy of one.  

• Member Contributer
52 minutes ago, CharlieFoxtrot said:

Well, as definitively as you can get from photos on the internet...  Look at George's photo, and imagine laying each of those parts up against the pipe in my pics.  I believe you will find, imaginarily, that they match perfectly.  So it's either a Hindle/Sudco/Holeshot, or a copy of one.  

First thing that jumps out:  Yours is a 4 into 1.  That one is a 4 into 2 into 1.

• Member Contributer

I do think yours looks like VFR Chuck's, and if his silencer is the original, well then.  But his bike does have a "Yoshimura" sticker on it too.  ??

Plus that one piece of yours that still has some nickel finish on it also tends to support Hindle.

Archived