Another new VFR owner :)

Lightduty

Hi all, been reading all the threads on here that I can to learn about these awesome bikes. 

I just picked up an 03 with 8030 km's on it. I can only assume that no recalls have been completed and it is all stock as it was in storage for the last 12 yrs. 

I have just started to take off the plastics and give it a good cleaning... it's a little rusty and the tires have begun to dry rot.

I did notice that the oil cooler lines have begun to rust off their chrome coatings, I hope I will be able to clean them up without worrying that they will fail.

I'm sure I will be reaching out and trying to find the answers to my questions as I begin to restore my new to me bike.

20170930_100554.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi and welcome.

Oil, filters, brake fluid, tyres, c&s and check the wiring for decay. I'd also drain the fuel and replace. You may need to drain the fuel injection rack too but you may be able pull it through if it runs ok. Check the battery under load too. And bulbs.

After all that, she'll purr like a kitten.

Hi and welcome.

Oil, filters, brake fluid, tyres, c&s and check the wiring for decay. I'd also drain the fuel and replace. You may need to drain the fuel injection rack too but you may be able pull it through if it runs ok. Check the battery under load too. And bulbs.
After all that, she'll purr like a kitten.
Thanks for the info and welcome.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Archived