trooper1999

RS850 Replica

Looks like one of those labor of love things. :beer:

It's either a labour  of love or the owner need psychiatric help :491:

Not managed to get much done this week, managed to get the rear brake and wheel sorted and all spacers made up.

Started to order exhaust bends to get on with that, made a little headway with the bodywork but nothing definite yet, I will make the rear exhaust as a temporary job and alter it later if needed, I just need to get some stainless wire for my MIG welder, I'm going to tack it together and then get it TIG welded up.

My plan is to get the engine running in this frame by the end of the year,  I'll post some more photo's when there is more progress to see

Hi All, I've had a good result today and managed to get hold of a genuine seat for a RS850, collected it today and the same guy says he has a fairing that he would sell as well but he needs to dig it out, I'll try and get some photo's of the seat in a 1st fitting later this week.

I've been really busy with work so not managed to get anything done over the last few week, but hopefully things should start to move a little. Friday I managed to get a start with the rear exhaust, but part way through ran out of gas for the welder, so I spent a good couple of hours sorting that out.

I need to get my finger out and get some work done or this will take me for ever 

Nice work so far. The mechanical talent on this forum is beyond words. Good job!

Just a few photos of the seat placed onto the rear of the bike

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1753.JPG

IMG_1754.JPG

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, trooper1999 said:

Yes for my sins I have these in the garage

No sin to have a few FZ´s arround, I would like one to!

Great looking bikes I think!

Sure looks like it.  Bolt pattern for taillight (LED!!!) matches. 

So cool!!!!!

This tread is brilliant. Your seat has some racing pedigree. Surely that adds about 10hp to the bike!?

Stunning these old pirt still arround, wounder where the rest of the bike is?

Nice find fo sure!

I think I've been bad, I have just bid and won these on evil bay, it will involve JUST a little more work to swap the complete front end AGAIN

But they will look a lot better and more in keeping with the time line, so all the work to make the longer steering stem and caliper bracket is now not needed and I will have to make the lot again, hopefully the steering stem will be OK but just got to wait until they are shipped from the USA.

forks.jpg

It will be a bolt-on for the VF750 frame and the steering stops look nearly identical, both on the frames and lower clamps.

So, same calipers you had, with some new custom brackets? 

Gold Valve Cartridge Emulators and eliminate the TRAC?

On 10/7/2017 at 5:39 PM, VFROZ said:

I really like the forks.

but not much travel, eh ?